Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 02:13:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Server Discovery
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Prashanth Patil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-04-17

Abstract:
   It may not be possible for a network to determine the cause for an
   attack, but instead just realize that some resources seem to be under
   attack.  To fill that gap, Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open Threat
   Signaling (DOTS) allows a network to inform a DOTS server that it is
   under a potential attack so that appropriate mitigation actions are
   undertaken.

   This document specifies mechanisms to configure DOTS clients with
   DOTS servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:22:03 +0000

Hi all,

This new version implements the changes that were presented in Prague (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-dots-dots-server-discovery-ietf104-00): 

* Shorten the list of discovery options: Remove anycast and mDNS.
* Call out triggers to execute the discovery procedure.
* Add a pointer to ZSTP as suggested by Kent.  

As a next step, a request will be sent to the dhc WG to review the DHCP part of the specification. 

Comments are more than welcome. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Dots [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de internet-
> [email-masked]
> Envoyé : mercredi 17 avril 2019 11:13
> À : [email-masked]
> Cc : [email-masked]
> Objet : [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-01.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots