Subject: Re: [drinks] IETF77 DRINKS WG meeting minutes posted.

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:27:34 +0300

Hi,

it has been a couple of weeks since I sent the email below. If we
exclude the emails related to administrative topics (e.g., announcing
agendas and confirming hums), there have not been that many exchanges on
actual technical topics. Considering the aggressive deadlines the WG
agreed on in Anaheim and the fact that we will have an interim meeting
tomorrow, I was expecting a higher level of list activity.

A bit of historical background. When I inherited this WG, the AD was
considering closing it down because the level of energy was too low:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/drinks/current/msg00562.html

In Anaheim, I spent quite a lot of time talking to many of the
contributors to this WG to get a first-hand understanding of the
situation. I got the impression that this work is important to many of
you and that there was enough energy to meet the aggressive deadlines
that were announced during the session. The fact that an interim meeting
was going to be organized was also a good sign... I do not want to think
my first impression was wrong ;o)

My proposal is that we take tomorrow's interim meeting as an opportunity
to have a fresh start, committing enough energy to work on the existing
WG items so that we can meet our deadlines and publish specifications
that are relevant to the community.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

On 20/04/2010 4:14 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> in Anaheim, we agreed on a fairly aggressive time frame for this WG.
> However, there have only been a few bursts of energy on the list since
> then. Let's make sure we keep a high level of energy so that we can meet
> that time frame and take full advantage of the upcoming interim meeting.
> 
> Regarding the minutes of the meeting, if the most obvious typos,
> misspellings, and formatting issues could be fixed, that would be great.
> Also, there were a few hums that need to be confirmed on the list.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Gonzalo
> 
> 
> 
> On 15/04/2010 4:50 PM, Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
>>
>> I've now posted the WG session minutes from Anaheim:
>>
>> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/minutes/drinks.txt
>>
>> Thanks to Richard for taking notes - Please take a minute to review the
>> notes and let the chairs know if there's something missing..
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Alex
>> _______________________________________________
>> drinks mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/drinks
>>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> drinks mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/drinks
>

---

From: "Cartwright, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:12:46 -0400

Hi Gonzalo,

There has been a notable amount of work going on amongst the design team to get the use cases document complete and consistent.

There has also been work going on to get some aspects of the protocol tightened up.

Just fyi.
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [drinks] IETF77 DRINKS WG meeting minutes posted.

Hi,

Thanks,

Gonzalo

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 10:37:21 +0300

Hi,

this is great to hear. I am glad there has been some work going on.
Thanks for the info.

In any case, this is a common issue across many WGs (it is not specific
to DRINKS at all). A significant amount of work is done in separate
mailing lists, conference calls, informal meetings, etc... and that is
great, as long as there is a status update sent to the official WG list
every now and then. Otherwise, it is very difficult for people outside
the WG's inner circle to know what is going on or to provide input. I
think sending a few status updates is a small price to pay for having a
good level of transparency.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Hirsalantie 11            Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Ericsson                  Fax   :  +358  9 299 35 35
02420 Jorvas              Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.piuha.fi/~gonzalo