Subject: [e2md] Draft version minutes Conf call 27 May 2010

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:51:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi E2MD:ers

Below the draft version of the minutes of the e2md Conference call from 27 
May 2010. Those are based on Ray Bellis' notes and my 
adjustments/enhancements.

In case we missed something or got something wrong, please holler asap 
(or latest by Thursday noon UT).

cheers,
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of the e2md Conference call from 27 May 2010 (DRAFT VERSION)
====================================================

Date/Time
---------

Thursday, 27 May 2010, 19:00 UT (20:00 BST, 21:00 CEST, 15:00 EDT)
Duration: 80 min

Attendees
---------

- Bernie Hoeneisen (chair)
- Ray Bellis (minutes)
- Dave Crocker
- Jay Carpenter
- Penn Pfautz

Goal
----

Get a clear understanding on the short term requirements.

Agenda
------

1) Welcome / Roll-Call / Scribe

2) Discussion of the requirements:
       http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/e2md/trac/wiki/RequirementsList
    Please prepare the questions you would like to discuss!

3) Discussion and prioritization of the Use Cases:
       http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/e2md/trac/wiki/UseCases
    Please think about which Use Cases we should start with
    _before_ the conf call!

4) Decide on plan for IETF-78 (Maastricht)

5) AOB

Minutes
-------

(Notes from Ray Bellis adjusted/enhanced by Bernie Hoeneisen)

Requirements:

Looking at Jay Daley's Requirements document
- no comments received on list
- 1.1.3d unclear - requires on list clarification
- 1.2 merits keeping in at this stage
- 1.3 - unclear what consistency means
- 2.1 - private trees, or private networks?

DC - the requirements documentation needs justification
RB - the requirements doc is primarily about alternatives,
      and only 1.3 gives specific requirements

Use Cases:

DC - use case docs aren't really use cases
PP - offer to update g-spid and/or g-spn as proper use cases
BH - Poll on which initial use cases we start working
      --> Clear favorites are: g-spid, cnam, service capabilities

In addition to those there was a proposal to add also unused and
send-n, as those are documented in an Internet-Drafts already.

Strategy:

The participant agreed to _not_ to ask for a WG-forming BoF at IETF-78
(Maastricht). IETF-78 will be used to discuss the proposal further and
prepare an agreeable charter (as discussed during the previous
conference call).  A WG-forming BoF is planned for IETF-79 (Beijing).

All participants (except JC who had to leave the call early) agreed to
assist the work on an agreeable charter. Some folks promised to write
Internet-Drafts, including Penn, who volunteered to describe the
g-spid use case in an Internet-Draft.

AOB:

JC: Twitter and ENUM might be an case to look at

Action Points:

- Penn: Write I-D about g-spid use case (2-3 weeks)

- Bernie: Discuss with AD the possibilities for e2md meetings/venues
           in Maastricht (asap)

- Bernie: Arrange next Conference Call within 2-3 weeks