Subject: [eap] EAP-TLS

From: [email-masked] (Costa Luciana)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:06:05 +0200

Hi,=20
I have some question about the EAP-TLS Authentication.=20
I understand that EAP-TLS provides mutual-authentication between the
client wireless and the server RADIUS. During authentication the server
presents a certificate with a public key to the client. The client
generate a premaster_secret, encrypted it with the public key in the
server certificate and transmitted it to the server. The server
decrypted the premaster_secret with his private key. Then the server and
the client convert the premaster_secret in a master_secret. My questions
are:

*	How is generate the unicast key from the master secret, by the
server and the client? Is the unicast key  then used with Inizialization
Vector to derive the WEP key?
*	How is performed authentication with the certificate. I know the
server send his certificate and the client send him his certificate. But
how they prove their identity? For the authentication is necessary that
the certificate has a signature key?
*	The multicast/broadcast key generated by the Access Point are
encrypted with the session key that the server send to the Access Point.
Are used the multicast key to encrypt the multicast traffic send from
the AP to multiple wireless client? Can you give me some examples of
broadcast traffic that needed to be encrypted with broadcast WEP key?
*	Finally how is performed the client roaming from the point of
authentication view?

You help will be appreciated.

Luciana Costa