Subject: [eap] IETF 56 presentations

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:48:40 -0800 (PST)

The presentations from today (and tommorrow's) EAP WG session are
available at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/IETF56/EAP/

---

From: [email-masked] (Alper Yegin)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:16:12 -0800

>From the EAP WG agenda:

EAP over CDMA2000, P. Agashe, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pagashe-eapcdma2000-00.txt

EAP GPRS, A. Salkintzis, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-00.txt

These two drafts were not presented at the meeting, but nevertheless I have
some comments.

The first draft is about a new EAP transport, not a EAP method. It is
defining a UDP based transport for EAP. This is not a material for the EAP
WG, but for the PANA WG. For those who doesn't already know, IETF PANA WG is
developing a link-layer agnostic transport for EAP. Please see
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pana-charter.html

Second draft, I'm a bit confused. Is it a new EAP method, or a new EAP
protocol, like EAPv2, or a new EAP transport, or some combination of all? I
hope we can get some explanation from the authors...

Regards,

alper