Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution of Issue 96

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:56:43 -0800 (PST)

I would like to propose that we accept this proposed change. Any
objections?

================================================================
Issue 96: Notification clarification
Submitter name: Yoshihiro Ohba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: March 7, 2003
Reference:
Document: EAP-02
Comment type: Technical
Priority: S
Section: 5.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:
I'd like to suggest the following change from:

"5.2 Notification

Description

The Notification Type is optionally used to convey a displayable
message from the authenticator to the peer. An authenticator MAY
send a Notification Request to the peer at any time. The peer MUST
respond to a Notification Request with a Notification Response; a
Nak Response MUST NOT be sent."

to:

"5.2 Notification

Description

The Notification Type is optionally used to convey a displayable
message from the authenticator to the peer. An authenticator MAY
send a Notification Request to the peer at any time when there is
no outstanding Request. The peer MUST respond to a Notification
Request with a Notification Response; a Nak Response MUST NOT be
sent."