Subject: [eap] Issue 190: Inconsistent capitalization

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 08:38:48 -0800 (PST)

Issue 190: Inconsistent Capitalization
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 11/2/2003
Reference:
Document: RFC2284bis
Comment type: 'E'ditorial
Priority: '1' Should fix
Section: Various
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The term 'Code' is inconsistently capitalized.  When this refers to the
Code field in the EAP header, it should be capitalized.  Also the term
should not be used when referring to other fields, since this is
confusing.

Section 2.2: "EAP packets with codes of Success or Failure" => "EAP
packets with Codes of Success or Failure"

Section 5.7: "Expanded Nak and Legacy Nak packets share the same code, but
must be treated differently because they have a different format." =>
"Expanded Nak and Legacy Nak packets share the same Type, but must be
treated differently because they have a different format."

Section 6.2: "Method Type 255 is allocated for Experimental use, such as
testing of new EAP methods before a permanent Type code is allocated." =>
"Method Type 255 is allocated for Experimental use, such as testing of new
EAP methods before a permanent Type is allocated."

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap