Subject: [eap] Issue with draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-and-selection-00.txt

From: nagi reddy jonnala <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:41:06 +0100

I was going through this draft to find more discussion about network
discovery and selection topic.  So I ended up in this solution space
issue :-)

In a couple of places, the draft appears to make the assumption that the
displayable message is terminated by a null character.  Based on the
assumption, It is also mentioned that Network Information MUST be placed
after the null character.

RFC-2284 disagrees with this. See the below text from RFC-2284, Section
3.1 - Identity.

     "This field MAY contain a displayable message in the Request.  The
      Response uses this field to return the Identity.  If the Identity
      is unknown, this field should be zero bytes in length.  The field
      MUST NOT be null terminated.  The length of this field is derived
      from the Length field of the Request/Response packet and hence a
      null is not required."

I guess the Option-1 of  Delivery mechanism is completely ruled out.
But then how can AP initiated EAP-Identity/Request message carries the
network info?

Regards
Nagi.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap