Subject: [eap] (fwd) I-D ACTION:draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:55:22 +0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Authentication Architecture Using Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key
	Author(s)	: H. Ohnishi
	Filename	: draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
In a public wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) access service using
Mobile IP, network elements, such as access points, access routers,
home agents and mobility anchor points, are required to authenticate
the user to prevent unauthorized usage. Therefore, a mobile node
needs to execute the authentication process many times to use the
Mobile IP function. It will increase the connection delay. The
connection delay can be reduced by using a preshared key as an
authentication method. But it is necessary to share the symmetric
secret key between network element (NE) and mobile node (MN) in
advance. It is impossible for the MN to configure the key of all
network elements in advance.
In this document we discuss a secure access architecture using an
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) key as a shared key between
NEs and an MN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap