Subject: [eap] Binding updates in draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:30:02 +0200

I have a question about the following text in the
draft:

> 4.  EAP-TLV method
> 
>    The EAP-TLV method is a payload with standard Type-Length-Value (TLV)
>    objects.  The TLV objects could be used to carry arbitrary parameters
>    between EAP peer and EAP server.  Possible uses for TLV objects
>    include: language and character set for Notification messages;
>    cryptographic binding; MIPv6 Binding Update.

I have trouble understanding how this works in practice. You would
need to complete EAP before you could actually have IP up on the
interface. For instance, you would not be able to see IPv6 RAs
before EAP is complete, and you for sure could not run DAD. So,
how would one fill up the care-of address field in the Binding
Update?

--Jari

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap