Subject: [eap] updated draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-03

From: Kroeselberg Dirk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:22:54 +0100

Hi all,

we have submitted an update of our EAP-IKEv2 method. You can find the new
-03 draft here until it arrives on the archive:
http://www.tschofenig.com/drafts/draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-03.txt
and (for those really interested;-) there is a diff with the -02 version at
http://www.tschofenig.com/drafts/draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-03-from-2.diff.h
tml 

We had a number of discussions about what features to support and what not
within this method. As a result, the updated method is less complex, and
more efficient. The main changes are:
- IKEv2 extended authentication (tunneling of inner EAP) is not supported by
EAP-IKEv2. This was supported in the -02 version, and we think about keeping
it as a separate method.
- config payloads are not supported
- this allowed us to change the (IKE) roles of initiator and responder, now
saving one roundtrip in the basic exchange.
- added fast reconnect
- added support for channel binding and protected result indication

Please review and comment.

Dirk

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap