Subject: [eap] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt]

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:23:45 +0200

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:59:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MIPv6 Authorization and Configuration based on EAP
	Author(s)	: G. Giaretta
	Filename	: draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
This draft defines an architecture, and related protocols, for 
   performing dynamic Mobile IPv6 authorization and configuration 
   relaying on a AAA infrastructure. The necessary interaction between 
   the AAA server of the home provider and the mobile node is realized 
   using EAP, exploiting the capability of some EAP methods to convey 
   generic information items together with authentication data. This 
   approach has the advantage that the access equipment acts just as a 
   pass-through for EAP messages and therefore does not play any active 
   role in the Mobile IPv6 negotiation procedure, which makes the 
   solution easier to deploy and maintain. 
   The same approach can be ported also to environments performing user 
   authentication with methods other than EAP (e.g. GSM, UMTS or CDMA), 
   by simply using PANA with null authentication to undertake MIPv6 
   negotiation after the user has gained IP access to the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.