Subject: [eap] Resolution to Issue 243?

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 12:57:29 -0700 (PDT)

At this point, publication of draft-walker-ieee802-req is being held up,
pending resolution of Issue 243: Clarification of State Synchronization.

Do we have a proposed resolution of this issue, or at least proposed text?
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

---

From: "Joseph Salowey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:52:08 -0700

I think the state synchronization should be in relation to the state of the
authentication protocol and not to things that happen external to the
authentication protocol such as the EAP method negotiation that happens
before the method starts.  I don't currently see a requirement to
authenticate EAP protocol numbers as they are outside the actual
authentication protocol.   

Anything that is internal the method must be synchronized including the
protocol version number.  The two sides must agree upon the data exchanged
and established within the authentication protocol.  

Joe

[email-masked] wrote:
> At this point, publication of draft-walker-ieee802-req is
> being held up, pending resolution of Issue 243: Clarification of
> State Synchronization. 
> 
> Do we have a proposed resolution of this issue, or at least
> proposed text? _______________________________________________ eap
> mailing list [email-masked]