Subject: [eap] Request for Opportunity to Review IETF EAP and submission draft documents, July 2004 (fwd)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:10:15 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
     [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Request for Opportunity to Review IETF EAP and submission draft
    documents, July 2004

From: Stuart J.Kerry, Chair IEEE 802.11 Working Group
To:   Margaret Wasserman, IETF Area Director, Internet Area,
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
CC:  Bernard Aboba, Jari Arkko, EAP WG Chairs  <mailto:[email-masked]
> [email-masked]   <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

Title: Request for Opportunity to Review IETF EAP and submission draft
documents, July 2004
Purpose: Request to Review

Dear Margaret,

The IEEE 802.11 Wireless Interworking with External Networks Study Group
(WIEN SG) is investigating the changes needed to the IEEE 802.11
specification to support interworking with external non-IEEE 802.11
networks. Areas to be studied include access network discovery and
identifier selection. Work underway within the IETF EAP WG is relevant to
this work, specifically:

1)    “EAP Network Discovery and Selection Problem Description Document”

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-00.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-00.txt

Also relevant is the solution proposed by:

2)    “Mediating Network Discovery and Selection”

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-a
nd-selection-01.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-an
d-selection-01.txt

IEEE 802.11 requests the opportunity to review the above-mentioned
documents, as the information contained within said documents is essential
to the future work of the WIEN SG. We have previously agreed to coordinate
review of areas of mutual interest, as mentioned in document reference
11-04-0166-00-0000-ieft-ieee-802-11-meeting-summary.ppt.
It is expected that the output of this review, will take the form of a
document, which may subsequently be submitted to the IETF as an individual
RFC submission.

For IETF reference, ANSI/IEEE Std 802.11Ò-1999 (2003 Reaffirmation)
edition as amended by IEEE Std 802.11g-2003 and IEEE Std. 802.11h-2003 is
the current version of the IEEE 802.11 Standard.

Please contact Stuart J.Kerry, IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair together
with Stephen McCann, IEEE 802.11 WIEN SG chair and Dorothy Stanley, IEEE
802.11/IETF Liaison with any questions, and to discuss further IETF
follow-up.

Best Regards,

Stuart J. Kerry

Contact information:
Stuart J Kerry
 <mailto:[email-masked] > [email-masked]
+1 408 474 7356

Stephen McCann
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
+44 1794 833341

Dorothy Stanley
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
+1 630 979 1572
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap