Subject: [eap] EAP issue #221

From: "Ashwin Palekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:31:08 -0700

Comment on EAP issue #221:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html#Issue%20221

Assigning key labels via FCFS will lead to the proliferation of
proprietary keying mechanisms without IETF review. Don't we at least
want to require a specification? 

Thanks, Ashwin

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:11:38 +0300

> want to require a specification?

Strictly speaking it might lead to use of EAP keys in
different applications, but at least those EAP keys would be
derived in a standardized manner.

But in any case, even that might lead to problems.
There might be a number of proprietary ways to key
a standard application FOO.

I think Specification Required would be appropriate.
Maybe even something stronger.

--Jari
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap