Subject: [eap] EAP-Relay---Method Identification and Re-Authentication.

From: "Suresh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:15:29 +0530

Hi
I have the following two questions? Kindly clarify.

Question 1
This is regarding EAP behaving as a relay. RFC-3579 (RADIUS support for EAP)
states, that NAS can send a RADIUS access request with EAP-Start attribute
to the RADIUS server.

RADIUS server responds with a ID/request or Method specific start request.
In case of EAP-SIM/TLS it can be EAP-ID request or EAP-SIM/TLS-Start
request. How does the NAS inform the RADIUS server, to frame a particular
method specific start request for the above sent Access request? i.e. how
does the NAS informs the RADIUS server that a particular method
functionality is required?

What I understood from the RFC is that, RADIUS server may frame EAP-ID
request and to that client responds. Based on the ID received, the RADIUS
server identifies an EAP-Method i.e. ID very specific to the method. Is
there any specific reason that, there is no attribute in the RADIUS Access
Request to identify an EAP-method to be used by the RADIUS server, so that
identity will be independant of method? Kindly clarify.

Question 2
How does the RADIUS server keeps track of each EAP authentication context?
Is there any concept of re-authentication, in Client-NAS mutual
authentication using EAP? i.e. Can RADIUS server identify a particular
connection has already authenticated, and it is going for re-uthentication.

Regards
Suresh

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap