Subject: RE: [eap] Review of draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-01.txt

From: Ruffino Simone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:55:22 +0200

Hi,
Some thoughts about the following:

> > Comments on draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-01.txt:
> >
> > In general, I'm confused as to whether this document is specifying a
> > general mechanism for providing hints relating to supported
> > EAP-Response NAIs, or a 3GPP-specific mechanism for network
discovery.
> 
> > If the former,
> > I'd suggest that the title be changed to "EAP Identity Discovery
> > Mechanism".  If the latter, I'd suggest that the title be changed
to:
> >
> > "3GPP Network Discovery Mechanism"
> >
> 
> The main motivation of the draft is to solve 3GPP VPLMN discovery &
> selection. However, the proposed solution can be applied to any other
> mediating network types and therefore I think the current title ("
> Mediating Network Discovery in the Extensible Authentication
> Protocol(EAP)") is appropriate.  Furthermore, I believe the title and
> the problem description is consistent with what described in the
netselc
> problem statement draft - if so, I don't really understand the source
of
> the confusion here.  Please read more on this topic below.
> 

I support Farid's view here. Mediating networks exist also in not-3GPP
networks. So, although it was required by 3GPP, this draft can apply
also to other types of access networks.

Regards,
Simone

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap