Subject: [eap] Removing EAP-TTLS from the PPPEXT Internet-Draft list

From: Florent Bersani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:36:30 +0200

Hi James,

May I respectfully suggest that EAP-TTLS be removed from the PPPEXT 
Internet-Draft list (http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pppext-charter.html)?

This is IMHO a relic of the ancient time when PPPEXT hosted much of the 
EAP debate (because EAP RFC 2284 has originally been developed within 
PPPEXT).

It is my understanding that since the creation of the EAP WG (it seemed 
that this goes back to 2002), PPPEXT has handed over all work related to 
EAP.

BR,

Florent

P.S: In addition, depending on long the weather conditions make EAP-TTLS 
authors take to have this method publish as an RFC (to be more precise, 
the three RFCs that Paul mentioned at IETF 60), I would suggest renaming 
the EAP-TTLS Internet-Draft from a WG I-D (its current name is 
draft-ietf-pppext-eap-tlls-XX) to an individual submission I-D (i.e. sth 
like draft-funk-eap-ttls-YY). See e.g., 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg30778.html for 
some discussion on I-D naming conventions.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap