Subject: [eap] Review process for EAP SIM/AKA

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

A request has been made to publish the EAP SIM and EAP AKA specifications
as individual submissions to the RFC Editor, utilizing the process
outlined in http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-rfced-documents-03.txt.

EAP SIM and EAP AKA, which are 3GPP  dependencies, are being handled as AD
sponsored individual submissions.  The specifications are available for
inspection here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-pppext-eap-sim-13.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-pppext-eap-aka-12.txt

Prior to publishing these documents as Informational RFCs, it
has been requested that the EAP WG provide review.  The suggested review
process includes the following elements:

a. RFC 3748 compatibility review.  Since EAP SIM/AKA have already
received a Type allocation, the review process described in RFC 3748
is not required.  Nevertheless, it is desirable to review whether EAP
SIM/AKA conform to the requirements of RFC 3748.  In this review, the
Expert Review process described in RFC 3748 will be utilized (e.g.
appointment of an Expert, publication of the review to the EAP WG mailing
list, etc.)

If you are willing to serve as an Expert in the review of EAP SIM or
EAP AKA, please contact the EAP WG Chairs.

b. EAP WG "pseudo-WG last call".  Since these documents were developed
outside the IETF and are not work items of the EAP WG, the WG does not
have change control.  For example, the SIM and AKA algorithms need to be
taken as a given.  Nevertheless, WG review may produce comments that the
editors may choose to incorporate.

EAP WG "pseudo-WG" last call on EAP SIM/AKA will last until September 23,
2004.  Reviewers should send comments to the EAP WG mailing list
([email-masked]) in the format specified on the EAP Issues list:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap