Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 266: Reject (Duplicate)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

The text of Issue 266 is enclosed below.  The proposed resolution is to
reject this Issue as a duplicate of Issue 275 (which included proposed
text).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 266: Appendix Incoherence
Submitter name: Florent Bersani
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 7/30/2004
Reference: http://mail.frascone.com/pipermail/eap/2004-July/002697.html
Document: Keying-03
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: Appendix E, F
Rationale/Explanation of issue
I think here there is some incoherence between these Appendix E & F: the
EMSK is used for two different purposes:

<>1) derivation of AAA-Keys "AAA-Key-B = PRF(EMSK(0,63),"EAP AAA-Key
derivation for multiple attachments", AAA-Key-A,B-Called-Station-Id,
Calling-Station-Id,length)" in appendix E
2) derivation of AMSKs "AMSK = KDF(EMSK, key label, optional application
data, length)" in appendix F

This needs to be fixed: more work is required. A possible fix would be
to view AAA-Key as a specific AMSK...

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap