Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution of Issue 264: Reject

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

The text of Issue 264 is enclosed below.  The proposed resolution is to
Reject the proposed change.

In a presentation by Russ Housley at IETF 56, pre-requisites for
publication of AAA key distribution documents were established. One
of these was the prevention of cascading vulnerabilities. The EAP
Key Framework document was chartered in part to demonstrate that the
IETF security requirements could be met by EAP/AAA systems. So this
requirement is fundamental and cannot be removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 264: Domino Effect
Submitter name: Florent Bersani
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 7/30/2004
Reference: http://mail.frascone.com/pipermail/eap/2004-July/002697.html
Document: Keying-03
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 5.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue

*"Domino effect"*
I guess I'd like more discussion on this one, since it seems to
preclude IMHO inter-authenticator protocols for fast handoff without
communication with a AAA. Are we sure that we want this?
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap