Subject: [eap] Re: [Issue 277]: Organizational Improvements

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:03:20 -0800 (PST)

In order to explore ways to improve the organization of the material now
in the Key Management Framework document, I'd like to propose that we
structure the discussion as follows:

a. First, talk about ways of reorganizing the material in the existing
document.  This could include reorganizing a single document, or splitting
the existing document into two parts.  The goal of this phase of the
conversation is to come to consensus on the strategy for the
reorganization.  Once this is done, we can issue the reorganized
document(s) as EAP WG work items.

b. Once we've settled on a strategy for reorganization, then we can talk
about sections of the document(s) that need to be changed, added or
deleted.  We will use the standard issue tracking procedure for this
purpose.

In order to stimulate the conversation described in a), I've gone ahead
and put together two drafts, one a standards track document focussing on
standardization of the EAP key hierarchy, and the other one an
Informational document that describes the EAP/AAA/SAP system, and analyzes
its security.  Here are the links:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/draft-ietf-eap-keyhier-00.txt
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/draft-ietf-eap-keyarch-00.txt

Note that all the material in the strawman -04 document has been included
in one of these two documents.  In going over the split, there were quite
a few places where the division between the two documents was far from
clear, and as a result there is some duplication.

If you'd like to propose an alternative organization of the existing
material, please reply to this message and include your own proposed table
of contents for one or both of the documents.
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap