Subject: [eap] REMINDER: EAP Statemachine Positive Response Required

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:09:59 -0800 (PST)

On September 27, 2004 we announced EAP WG Last Call on the EAP State
Machine document:

http://mail.frascone.com/pipermail/eap/2004-September/002836.html

As noted in the announcement, EAP WG Last Call ran until October 15,
2004, and required a positive response, demontrating that the document had
EAP WG consensus.

Since we only received negative comments on the WG Last
Call request, at this point it would appear that there is not WG consensus
to advance the document.

To ensure that WG participants have the opportunity to comment, we will be
extending the EAP WG Last Call on the EAP State Machine document until
Friday, November 19, 2004.

If you have read the document and feel it is ready for advancement, please
send a message with "Statemachine: Advance" in the Subject line to the EAP
WG mailing list, stating your reasoning.  Similarly, if you have any
issues with the document, please file these using the Issues format
described at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html

Bernard

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to last minute changes in the state machine draft, we have had to
remove the State Machine document from the RFC Editor's queue, and bring
to EAP WG Last Call to confirm WG consensus.

This is to announce EAP WG last call on the EAP State Machine draft, which
will be available here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.pdf

EAP WG Last Call will last until Friday October 15, 2004.

If you have read the draft, and believe that it is ready for forwarding to
the IESG, please reply to this mail indicating your approval of the draft.

If you have comments, please send them to the EAP WG mailing list
([email-masked]) in the format described on the EAP Issues list:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:41:44 -0800 (PST)

Well, we have made a *bit* of progress since this request was sent:

We now have positive responses from the authors of the document.

While it is comforting that they have read it and approve of it, this is
not enough to advance the document.

We actually need an indication of approval from the *rest* of the WG!

If you have read the State Machine document, and are still awake, please
send a note to the EAP WG with "Statemachine: Advance" in the subject
line.