Subject: [eap] Implementation Survey: How does your EAP peer/RADIUS proxy handle internationalization?

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 2486bis specifies how the NAI is internationalized.  In the
development of this document, some questions have arisen about the
behavior of existing EAP peers and RADIUS proxies.  In order to understand
how existing implementations function, we need implementers to volunteer
the answer to several questions:

1. How is internationalization supported on your EAP peer implementation?

Does your EAP peer implementation support formating of the realm
portion in IDN, or does it enable entering of UTF-8, or perhaps just plain
ASCII?

2. How is internationalization supported on your RADIUS proxy
implementation?.

How does your implementation support internationalization within the realm
table?  Are realm table entries stored in IDN, UTF-8, or something else?
How are comparisons done between the realm in the NAI and the realm stored
in the realm table?

Please respond by May 2, 2005.
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap