Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 312: Editorial Review

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:28:16 -0800

The text of Issue 312 is available here:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues3.html#Issue%20312

The proposed resolution is as follows:

In the Abstract, change:

"  The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in [RFC3748],
   enables extensible network access authentication.  This document
   provides a framework for the generation, transport and usage of
   keying material generated by EAP authentication algorithms, known as
   "methods".  It also specifies the EAP key hierarchy."

To:

"  The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in [RFC3748],
   enables extensible network access authentication.  This document
   provides a framework for the transport and usage of
   keying material generated by EAP authentication algorithms, known as
   "methods".  It also specifies the EAP key hierarchy."

In Section 1, change:

"  This document provides a framework for the generation, transport and
   usage of keying material generated by EAP authentication algorithms,
   known as "methods".  In EAP keying material is generated by EAP
   methods.  Part of this keying material may be used by EAP methods
   themselves and part of this material may be exported.  The exported
   keying material may be transported by AAA protocols or transformed by
   Secure Association Protocols into session keys which are used by
   lower layer ciphersuites.  This document describes each of these
   elements and provides a system-level security analysis.  It also
   specifies the EAP key hierarchy."

To:

"  This document provides a framework for the transport and
   usage of keying material generated by EAP authentication algorithms,
   known as "methods".  In EAP, keying material is generated by EAP
   methods.  Part of this keying material may be used by EAP methods
   themselves and part of this material may be exported.  The exported
   keying material may be transported by AAA protocols or used by
   Secure Association Protocols in the generation or transport of session 
keys which are used by
   lower layer ciphersuites.  This document describes each of these
   elements and provides a system-level security analysis.  It also
   specifies the EAP key hierarchy."

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap