Subject: [eap] 801.1x wired testing?

From: "David Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:08:46 -0500

This is difficult to figure out with many features like this not well documented in marketing datasheets, so I'd thought to toss it to this list:

If one desired to test 801.X _wired_ EAP support, 
what would be some of the most _inexpensive_ devices you could obtain these days?

(ie.  I don't want to buy a $nK rack device just for testing)

You can reply off list, if you wish.

Dave.
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: David Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:56:43 -0500

On 1/11/2006 10:08 AM, David Mitton wrote:
>This is difficult to figure out with many features like this not 
>well documented in marketing datasheets, so I'd thought to toss it 
>to this list:
>

I only got a couple replys to this query,   I guess no one tests 
802.1x wired in small scale implementations?

The smallest (and cheapest) implementation I found so far is the
3Com IntelliJack NJ220   $219 (MSRP) $178 on Amazon.com
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=WEBBNCNJ220SYS

If anyone has any experience with them or likes some other low end 
products, I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks,
Dave.