Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 315: Ciphersuites and Key Lengths

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:32:06 -0800

The text of Issue 315 is available here:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues3.html#Issue%20315

The proposed resolution is as follows:

Within Section 1.4.4 change:

"  Ciphersuite Independence is a consequence of the principles of Mode
   Independence and Media Independence."

To:

"Ciphersuite Independence is a requirement for Media Independence. Since 
lower
layer ciphersuites vary between media, media independence requires that
EAP keying material needs to be large enough (with sufficient entropy) to
handle any ciphersuite."

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:22:46 +0200

Ok.

Bernard Aboba wrote:

> "Ciphersuite Independence is a requirement for Media Independence. 
> Since lower