Subject: [eap] PMIP keying draft ready: Use of EAP keying for PMIP

From: "Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:59:29 -0500

Hi folks,

As promised in the last IETF, we are providing an example of EAP keying
framework could be used to solve the key bootstrapping problem for proxy
Mobile IP. This intends to show an example of how keys from EAP AMSK may
be generated from an EAP method and how AMSK can be used to bootstrap
keys between a proxy Mobile node and a Mobile IP home agent. It also
shows an example of why we think caching a key even after transport may
be needed.

Thanks,

Madjid Nakhjiri

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-pmip-key-01.txt

Abstract
   This document intends to provide a first pass example of how the EAP 
   keying framework may be used for bootstrapping keys between two 
   agents performing a network service such as Proxy Mobile IP function.

   Care is taken so that the solution is aligned as closely as possible 
   to the guidelines provided by the EAP Keying framework [EAPKEY]. 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap