Subject: [eap] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:41:00 -0800

Hi all,

Pete, Vidya, Ramin and I propose a new EAP encapsulation scheme to 
signal access or service authentication to support multiple parallel 
authentications (among other things, Please see below for the 
abstract and a link to the I-D) using EAP.  The plan is to use this 
in 3GPP2 and perhaps in 802 networks.

We requested Jari and Bernard for a slot for presentation at the EAP 
WG.  We realize that this work might not fit within the scope of 
either EAP or EMU, but we would like to get reviews from the EAP 
community before requesting publication.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Lakshminath

>To: [email-masked]
>Cc:
>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:50:01 -0500
>X-Spam-Score: -5.9 (-----)
>X-Scan-Signature: 5011df3e2a27abcc044eaa15befcaa87
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt
>X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
>X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
>List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
>         <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
>List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
>List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
>List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
>         <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
>X-PMX-Version: 4.7.0.111621
>X-PMX-Version: 4.7.1.128075, Antispam-Engine: 2.1.0.0, 
>Antispam-Data: 2006.01.13.142606
>X-OriginalArrivalTime: 25 Feb 2006 00:22:44.0299 (UTC) 
>FILETIME=[98D101B0:01C639A1]
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : Generic EAP Encapsulation (GEE)
>
>         Author(s)       : P. Barany, et al.
>         Filename        : draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt
>         Pages           : 22
>         Date            : 2006-2-24
>
>The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a general
>authentication protocol that supports multiple authentication methods
>and typically runs directly over data link layers without requiring
>IP.  EAP can be used for both access and service authentication,
>where the access network provider may or may not be the same as the
>service network provider.  However, EAP itself does not have the
>ability to differentiate between access and service authentication.
>Furthermore, when the service network provider is a mobility service
>provider, Mobile IP-AAA signaling is/can be used for service
>authentication; thereby making EAP service authentication redundant.
>However, EAP itself does not have the ability to instruct the peer
>that it should use Mobile IP-AAA signaling for service authentication
>instead of EAP.  This document specifies a general encapsulation
>protocol, called Generic EAP Encapsulation (GEE), for differentiating
>between access and service authentication and for communicating to
>the peer that it should use Mobile IP-AAA signaling for service
>authentication instead of EAP.
>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
>[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body 
>of the message.
>You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
>to change your subscription settings.
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt
>
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt>
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap