Subject: [eap] eap-keying: channel binding issue

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:40:52 -0400

Issue: Channel Binding
Submitter name: Yoshihiro Ohba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date Submitted: April 25, 2006
Reference:
Document: Keying-12
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 5.11
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Reference [I-D.draft-ohba-eap-aaakey-binding] should be obsoleted by
its successor, i.e., [I-D.draft-ohba-eap-channel-binding] which
provides more generic, complete and extensible way of channel binding.
Note that pre-configuration of the parameter set on AS is an important
property to achieve Channel Binding in 3-party key management.

Change:

"
   It is also possible to achieve Channel Bindings without transporting
   data over EAP.  For example, see [I-D.draft-ohba-eap-aaakey-binding].
   In this approach the authenticator informs the backend server about
   the Channel Binding parameters using AAA, and the backend server
   calculates transported keying material based on this parameter set,
   making it impossible for the peer and authenticator to complete the
   Secure Association Protocol if there was a mismatch in the
   parameters.
"

to:

"
   It is also possible to achieve Channel Bindings without
   transporting data over EAP.  For example, see
   [I-D.draft-ohba-eap-channel-binding].  In this approach the backend
   server calculates transported keying material based on the
   parameter set pre-configured for the authenticator, making it
   impossible for the peer and authenticator to complete the Secure
   Association Protocol if there was a mismatch in the parameters.
"
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap