Subject: [eap] Issue 386: Naming

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:30:22 -0800

Issue 386: Naming
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date Submitted: January 16, 2007
Reference:
Document: KEYING-16
Comment type: Technical
Priority: S
Section: 1.4.1, 2.2.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Section 1.4.1 states:

"PMK Name
This document does not specify a naming scheme for the PMK. The
PMK is only identified by the key from which it is derived."

Shouldn't this be "only identified by the name of the key from which it is 
derived."?

In Section 2.2.2, it is stated:

"[d] It is RECOMMENDED that each "virtual authenticator" identify itself
distinctly, in order to enable the peer and backend server to tell
them apart. For example, this can be accomplished by utilizing a
distinct NAS-Identifier attribute or BSSID."

Since the BSSID may not uniquely identify an authenticator, this seems like 
it
should be "utilizing a distinct NAS-Identifier attribute."

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap