Subject: [eap] Info on EAP module development on Windows

From: "Vijay Kumar P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:25:30 +0530

Hi,
  We are developing an EAP module for the Windows Mobile 5.0 as per the
documentation provided at the MSDN site for the EAP extension development.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa363504.aspx

We succeeded in writing the whole EAP module, specifically we wrote a
EAP-PEAP.  The whole EAP authentication goes through well with the AAA
server(RADIUS) with the extension dll we wrote, and we finally receive the
outer EAP success, sent as part of the Access-Accept from RADIUS, which
indicates the EAP authentication has succeeded. But as per the documentation
in MSDN, we are supposed to pass the MPPE-Send keys and MPPE-Recv Keys from
the RasEapMakeMessage function using the pUserAttributes member of the
pEapOutput structure in the final step. But its not much clear on how the
pUserAttributes is to be filled with these keys. We filled in the
pUserAttributes pointer from what we can make out from the following MSDN
link in the Remarks section at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa363518.aspx

We tried a lot of combinations but nothing seems to work. When we sniffed on
Access Point the supplicant(native on on Windows) doesn't seem to respond to
the EAPOL key request at all as part of the 4 way handshake for the WPA
key(MSK) generation.
I have seen couple posts on this topic "passing mppe keys using
pUserAttributes member of PPP_EAP_OUTPUT" with the same query, but no
replies till date, do we have a solution for this. Sadly there isn't much
documentation on this at the MSDN.

Thanks,
Vijay
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap