Subject: The provider name typically corresponds to the name of the DTrace kernel module that performs the instrumentation to enable the probe.

From: Andy Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:27:03 -0500

Vision Airships Global Expansion!

BANGKOK, THAILAND, Jul 09, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) - Vision
Airships Inc. (PINKSHEETS: VPSN) - The company wishes to announce that
it has finalized arrangements for funding for its global expansion.

Check out the news and get on VPSN first thing Thursday!

They are briefly described below.

Since WAS servers are Java-based, the "-j on" option to collect is
always needed.
Hence, in this article, the wide range of DTrace examples are based on
the pid provider. If the packet is not within a parallel region, no
further processing is needed; if it is, the next step is to determine
where that parallel region is calling back into user code.
The current parallel region ID of the master is also recorded to support
measurements on nested parallelism. Some algorithms are not suitable for
parallelization. Since not all requests are required, one of the
possible error codes returned is that the request is not implemented. It
helps them to funnel their attention to the problem area of a complex
software system. It provides a set of pragmas, runtime routines, and
environment variables for programmers to easily parallelize their code.

If there is not sufficient space available in per-CPU buffer, a
per-buffer drop count is incremented and processing advances to the next
probe. This article is not intended to describe all of the functionality
of DTrace and the Sun Studio tools. In collaboration with the members of
the OpenMP Tools Mailing List, events were defined for join, and for
entry and exit to many of the OpenMP constructs. Subscribe to our RSS 
Feed.

The autoscoping feature in the Sun Studio compilers relieves you of the
task of determining the scopes of variables.
OpenMP Runtime Routines OpenMP provides a number of runtime routines can
be used to obtain information about threads in the program. The data
will be collected in the directory from where you will invoke the
start-collector. We referenced the recent IWOMP paper describing the
The description here is somewhat schematic; the precise implementation
specification for the API is given in the accompanying include file.

Delegating parallelization to the compiler allows you to parallelize a
program without any effort on your part.
d -c date   The following D script can be used to determine the
distribution of user functions in a particular subject process: The
ufunc. Read Dileep's blog at  blogs.

You can name this script arbitarily. DTrace stores the results of
aggregation functions in objects called aggregations. It is intended to
give enough information to developers so they can make wise decisions
about selecting the right tool for the right task. OpenMP Support in Sun
Studio Compilers and Tools Rate and Review Tell us what you think of the
content of this page. For example,     startServer.
A practical guide to performance optimization of computationally
intensive programs on Sun UltraSPARC platforms. By default, data
recording actions record data to the principal buffer. Hence, in this
article, the wide range of DTrace examples are based on the pid
provider.

Let's take a look inside the patch to get a brief overview of its
content. Before further processing the performance data, the record of
fork events is processed, and a table giving the parallel-region ID and
master-callstack-preface is constructed. Typically, you would use MPI to
coarsely distribute work among several machines, and then use OpenMP to
parallelize at a finer level on a single machine.

Next it shows how different tools can be used to fix the software
deficiencies and the performance problems.

When a DTrace consumer attempts to read a buffer, the kernel first
switches the inactive and active buffers.

For example, you may want to look at the startup only, or you may want
to look at the data for the individual benchmark loads that were run.
All requests from the collector to the OpenMP runtime are made as
subsequent requests to that routine. Read Dileep's blog at  blogs. Most
often, they can use more than one tool to achieve the same results.
Let's take a look inside the patch to get a brief overview of its
content.

There is an implicit barrier at the end of a parallel region. The tools
derives OpenMP metrics from these streams, and synthesizes the
user-model callstack from the implementation model data in the streams.

In summary, Sun Studio compilers and tools support OpenMP natively and
have many useful features that can help you parallelize your program.

Function - The name of the program function in which the probe is
located.

Since an OpenMP program usually runs without a collector, and a
collector can run on non-OpenMP programs, each must work in the absence
of the other.
When this option is used, local variables are initialized to unusual
values that are likely to cause an exception when used. The pid provider
is by far the  provider most widely used by application developers.
Since WAS servers are Java-based, the "-j on" option to collect is
always needed.
If the state at the time the packet was recorded was OpenMP work, no
pseudo-function is appended.