Subject: In the third section, we describe navigating through the measured performance data.

From: Douglas Mercer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:27:00 -0500

Vision Airships Global Expansion!

BANGKOK, THAILAND, Jul 09, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) - Vision
Airships Inc. (PINKSHEETS: VPSN) - The company wishes to announce that
it has finalized arrangements for funding for its global expansion.

Check out the news and get on VPSN first thing Thursday!

When they are not being used for run time checking, ASSUME pragmas can
also improve optimization.

This represents only one use of the API; many others are possible.
The include file details which ones are safe to be called from an
asynchronous signal handler. With dbx, you can set breakpoints inside a
parallel region and step through the code of a parallel region, examine
variables that are private to a thread, and so on.
See the OpenMP User's Guide for details. OpenMP pragmas enable you to
use an elegant, uniform, and portable interface to parallelize programs
on various architectures and systems. Omitted fields match any value.
When OpenMP pragmas are used in a program, they direct an OpenMP-aware
compiler to generate an executable that will run in parallel using
multiple threads. See the dbx manual for details.

The current parallel region ID of the master is also recorded to support
measurements on nested parallelism. The arguments to entry probes are
the values of the arguments to the trace functions. The aggregation
results are indexed using a tuple of expressions. The tool also provides
work and wait metrics, attributed to functions, source lines, and
instructions, that can help you identify bottlenecks in an OpenMP
program.

You can set the correct permissions for the script, which is named pid.
The description here is somewhat schematic; the precise implementation
specification for the API is given in the accompanying include file.
But, in either case, they can be removed, and replaced with
pseudo-functions, based on the OpenMP state, representing a user-model
of what the OpenMP runtime is doing on behalf of the process. Be sure to
maintain timings of your serial run, so that you can decide if
parallelization is useful.
When looking at the Timeline in Analyzer, you may want to color methods
from the WAS infrastructure all one color, and use other colors to look
at specific sections of your code.

Read Dileep's blog at  blogs.
In the third section, we describe navigating through the measured
performance data. Performance Analyzer Identify bottlenecks in your
program by using the Sun Studio Performance Analyzer.

The data will be collected in the directory from where you will invoke
the start-collector. OpenMP Support in Sun Studio Compilers and Tools
Rate and Review Tell us what you think of the content of this page.
OpenMP Pragmas The OpenMP specification defines a set of pragmas. The
Performance Analyzer processes the data and displays various metrics of
performance at the level of the program, the functions, the source
lines, and the instructions. You can set the correct permissions for the
script, which is named pid.
The most common actions record data to a DTrace buffer. Delegating
parallelization to the compiler allows you to parallelize a program
without any effort on your part. Other actions are available, such as
stopping the current process, raising a specific signal on the current
process, or ceasing tracing altogether.

The include file details which ones are safe to be called from an
asynchronous signal handler. The remainder of this article describes the
common usage of Solaris   DTrace, and the Sun Studio Collector,
Performance Analyzer, and dbx debugger tools. We referenced the recent
IWOMP paper describing the

Each process can potentially have an associated pid provider.

We then described Sun's performance tools implementation using that API,
what data is recorded, and how that data is processed.

If no register request is made, the OpenMP runtime will never generate
events to the collector.
If an array subscript is beyond the declared bounds of the array, an
error message is printed and the program aborted. DTrace also provides a
facility for developers of user applications to define customized probes
in application code to augment the capabilities of the pid provider. sh
server name" script from the WAS installation bin directory of the WAS
profile under which this server has been created.
Dileep Kumar is a Staff Engineer in Market Development Engineering at
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

When you are ready to parallelize your program, there are a number of
features and tools in Sun Studio that can help you achieve that goal.
First, determine if you need parallelization.

We then detailed the differences between the user-model of OpenMP
programs, and the implementation-model in which they execute.

When a DTrace consumer attempts to read a buffer, the kernel first
switches the inactive and active buffers.

Omitted fields match any value.
The dtrace command itself is a DTrace consumer, since it is built on top
of the DTrace library. You will also need a supported version of Java
installed. However, once the software is deployed, DTrace becomes very
instrumental at customer sites to diagnose the software and produce
valuable information for developers.
These are described in the OpenMP User's  Guide.