Subject: [Ecrit] More on L6

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:30:25 -0400

Or, I guess, this could be a new one as Roger has suggested in the  
past, or perhaps this in an Ix.

Signaling of Wrong Location:  For the purposes of validation of  
location, the mapping protocol SHOULD provide the capability to  
signal reasons why a location is invalid, either through descriptive  
text or predefined error values or both.  This protocol feature MUST  
NOT impose upon the primary function of the mapping protocol to  
convert location information to URIs.

And semi-related to location validation, another one that might go in  
the I section:

Default URIs: The mapping protocol MUST be capable of providing a  
default set of URIs when given an invalid location.

Motivation: If the a mapping service is given the address 123 Maple  
St. but no Maple St. exists within the city, it should still be  
capable of providing a set of URIs to a PSAP deemed most appropriate  
for that location.  The determination of this default or most  
appropriate set of URIs is a matter of local policy.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit