Subject: [Ecrit] Supplemental Information section (<draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-requirements-01.txt>)

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:26:10 +0200

hi all, 

please find my comments below (#). 

this section does not provide enough information to understand the
requirements. 

8.  Supplemental Information

   SD1 The format both of the query and of the result returned by the
      protocol must be extensible to accommodate new types of
              ^^^^^
#              MUST

      information.

# isn't this requirement already capture with I40? 

      Motivation: In addition to information sent with the call,
      additional information may be available, supplemental to the call,
      which is retrieved from internal or external databases using a key
      to the information included with the call.  This key may also
      include information to identify/address the database.

# the subsequent requirements SD2 - SD9 do not provide enough
information to understand them. 
# in fact i am not sure whether these requirements are actually needed. 

   SD2 Additional information MAY be available to the call taker based
      on the location of the caller.

   SD3 Additional information MAY be available to the call taker based
      on the owner of the structure.

   SD4 Additional information MAY be available to the call taker based
      on the tenant of the structure.

   SD5 Where a vehicle is involved, additional information MAY be
      available.

   SD6 Additional information MAY be available based on the Address of
      Record (AoR) of the caller.  In this context, AoR equates to the
      caller.

   SD7 Consideration SHOULD be given to permitting users to have domain
      independent mechanisms to supply information related to the
      caller, for example, another datum related to user.

   SD8.  Additional Data:  Transfer of additional data SHOULD be
      supported.

      Motivation:  Capabilities to contact PSAP by automatic means and
      for the transfer of additional information (alarm equipment, cars,
      buses, trucks with dangerous loads, ...)

   SD9 Mechanism MUST be provided to automatically generate and provide
      misroute and location error reports.

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit