Subject: [Ecrit] New Draft Submissions

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:47:58 +0100

Hi all, 

it seems that we have a few new drafts to read.

LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation Protocol
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-hardie-ecrit-lost-00.txt

   This document describes an XML-based protocol for mapping service
   identifiers and geospatial or civic location information to service
   contact URIs.  In particular, it can be used to determine the
   location-appropriate PSAP for emergency services.

As discussed during the interim meeting Ted, Andy, Henning and myself
worked on a new mapping protocol proposal -- a merger between ECON-IRIS
& LUMP. This is the first step.

James/Brian provided a few more documents. Very good!

ECRIT Mapping During Session Initiation Protocol Registration
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-during-registra
tion-00.txt

   This document discusses four different Layer-7 options to solve the 
   problem of getting the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point 
   (PSAP) Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI) into an emergency calling capable device prior to it's user 
   calling for help.

Analyzing ECRIT Mapping of a Location to an Emergency URI for Emergency
Calling
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt

   Emergency calling is a localized event, requiring a caller to place 
   an specially identified local emergency call to a Public Safety 
   Answering Point (PSAP), while including the location of the caller 
   in that signaling.  The function of routing the set-up messaging to 
   the appropriate PSAP is performed by a mapping function that binds a
   given location with one or more PSAP SIP(S)-URIs.  This function is 
   done by the ECRIT mapping protocol.  This document analyzes when the
   ECRIT mapping protocol function can occur, and what general 
   components are involved in that mapping.

Using the Session Initiation Protocol REGISTER Method To Obtain an
Emergency Dialstring
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00
.txt

   Most efforts to address emergency calling challenges over IP (and 
   cellular technologies such as GSM, TDMA, CDMA, etc, for that matter)
   have focused on locating the calling user in order to route the 
   emergency call set-up request to the appropriate Public Safety 
   Answering Point (PSAP). Little or no effort to date has focused on 
   informing the caller what dialstring sequence they may need to use 
   to initiate a call for emergency help.  This document describes how 
   the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REGISTER Request message is 
   used to inform a user of which emergency dialstring (of the 60 known
   dialstring choices around the world) they should use, for where they
   are geographically.

A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Option for the Locally Significant
Emergency Calling Dialstring 
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-polk-dhc-emergency-dialstring-opti
on-00.txt

   This document defines a new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 
   Option for a client to be able to request its locally significant 
   emergency dialstring from the local infrastructure.  

James/Brian might be able to give more info about their documents. 

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit