Subject: [Ecrit] Best Current Practice for Communications Services in support of Emergency Calling

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:43:38 +0100

Hi all, 

here is another draft:

Best Current Practice for Communications Services in support of
Emergency Calling
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-rosen-ecrit-phonebcp-00.txt  

   Requesting help in an emergency using a communications device such as
   a telephone or mobile is an accepted practice in most of the world.
   As communications devices increasingly utilize the Internet to
   interconnect and communicate, users will continue to expect to use
   such devices to request help, regardless of whether or not they
   communicate using IP.  The emergency response community will have to
   upgrade their facilities to support the wider range of communications
   services, but cannot be expected to handle wide variation in device
   and service capability.  The IETF has several efforts targeted at
   standardizing various aspects of placing emergency calls.  This memo
   describes best current practice on how devices and services should
   use such standards to reliably make emergency calls

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit