Subject: [Ecrit] Framework for Emergency Calling in Internet Multimedia

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:35:55 +0200

Hi all,

as part of the ECRIT architecture design team the following draft was 
produced:

Title

    Framework for Emergency Calling in Internet Multimedia

Abstract

    Summoning emergency help by the public is a core feature of telephone
    networks.  This document describes a framework of how various IETF
    protocols are combined to place emergency calls.  This includes how
    these calls are routed to the correct Public Safety Answering Point
    (PSAP) based on the physical location of the caller, while providing
    the call taker the necessary information to dispatch a first
    responder to that location.  This document explains how location
    mapping, call identification and end system behavior are combined to
    allow multimedia emergency calls.  It describes at a high level how
    the pieces (recognizing a call as an emergency call, marking it as
    such, determining the location of the caller, routing the call based
    on location) go together, and references the Internet standards that
    define the details of these mechanisms.

The draft can be found at:

http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-rosen-ecrit-emergency-framework-00.txt
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-rosen-ecrit-emergency-framework-00.html

The design team mailing list can be found at:
https://zeke.ecotroph.net/mailman/listinfo/ecrit-arch

The chairs would particularly like to the thank Brian, James, Henning 
and Andy for their draft editing work. Furthermore, the chairs would 
also like to thank the entire design team members for their work.

Brian and James are leading the design team and will continue the design 
team activity. Discussions about the next steps will be discussed in 
Montreal.

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit