Subject: [Ecrit] [issue8] Dial Strings in LoST

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:35:48 +0000

New submission from Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>:

In http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg01937.html
Roger describes the different variations of LoST message exchanges. 

Roger mentions that the LoST response returns a dial string. This idea of using 
LoST for providing dial strings that are valid in a particular geographical 
area was already mentioned in the past. 

When do we return a dial string? Should we use a separate query for this 
purpose or an attribute to the query message?

----------
assignedto: hannes
messages: 12
nosy: ecrit, hannes
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Dial Strings in LoST

__________________________________________________
LoST Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/lost/issue8>
__________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:49:50 -0400

Given that this information is short and generally needed, it seems 
easiest to include it with the response, as in

<dialstring>some-KPML-string</dialstring>

We can query for each element separately, but that seems to just add 
complexity and more failure cases.