Subject: [Ecrit] Schema --> RelaxNG

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:54:40 -0400

Based on Rohan's suggestion of sending this to the mailing list:

I would suggest that the RAI area declare that new efforts should, by  
default, use RelaxNG rather than Schema unless there is a strong  
reason to do otherwise, such as extending existing Schema-specified  
work.

XCON just had the same discussion that ECRIT had, and it seems   
unnecessary to re-play the same discussion for each new draft and in  
each RAI working group.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:20:11 -0400

Hi Henning,

it would be good to know how Relax NG deals with the interworking with 
existing XML schemas.

In ECRIT, for example, we have to deal with the GML schemas that we need 
to import.

I wonder whether someone has experience about this aspect already.

Ciao
Hannes

Working Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
> default, use RelaxNG rather than Schema unless there is a strong  reason 
> to do otherwise, such as extending existing Schema-specified  work.
>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:02:21 -0400

> I would suggest that the RAI area declare that new efforts should,  
> by default, use RelaxNG rather than Schema unless there is a strong  

Yes, please.
Moving to Relax-NG (typically in compact form) for specification work  
is and has been a trend that is almost universal in the XML  
community, for many good reasons.

(Oh, and this needn't be limited to RAI; it may be easier to get IETF  
consensus on this than some may think.)

Gruesse, Carsten