Subject: [Ecrit] Reference to real-time text in draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt

From: Gunnar Hellstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:05:25 +0100

I have some small comments on the good draft draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00

1. In section 12, Media, there is a reference to RFC2793bis that now can be
changed to the published RFC 4103 "RTP Payload for Text Conversation".

Also change "interactive text" to "real-time text" as IETF nomenclature has
now settled for this feature.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old text in section 12:
PSAPs should accept interactive text [I-D.ietf-avt-
   rfc2793bis].

New text:
PSAPs should accept real-time text [RFC4103].
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. In section 18.1 , references, replace reference to rfc2793bis with rfc
4103
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old text in section 18.1:
   [I-D.ietf-avt-rfc2793bis]
              Hellstrom, G., "RTP Payload for Text Conversation",
              draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-09 (work in progress),
              August 2004.
New text:
   [RFC4103]  Hellstrom, G. and Jones, P. "RTP Payload for Text
              Conversation", RFC 4103, May 2005.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gunnar Hellstrom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Gunnar Hellstrom, Omnitor
[email-masked]
www.omnitor.se

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Framework for Emergency Calling in Internet
                          Multimedia
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2006-6-21

   Summoning emergency help by the public is a core feature of telephone
   networks.  This document describes a framework of how various IETF
   protocols are combined to place emergency calls.  This includes how
   these calls are routed to the correct Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP) based on the physical location of the caller, while providing
   the call taker the necessary information to dispatch a first
   responder to that location.  This document explains how location
   mapping, call identification and end system behavior are combined to
   allow multimedia emergency calls.  It describes at a high level how
   the pieces (recognizing a call as an emergency call, marking it as
   such, determining the location of the caller, routing the call based
   on location) go together, and references the Internet standards that
   define the details of these mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:02:25 -0400

Thanks for looking at this.  I will make all of these changes in the next
revision.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Hellstrom [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:05 AM
To: Brian Rosen(br); Ecrit@Ietf. Org
Subject: Reference to real-time text in draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt 

New text:

Gunnar Hellstrom