Subject: [Ecrit] Moving forward with the Service URN Draft

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:49:26 +0200

Hi all,

James raised a concern regarding the Service URN draft in the ECRIT 
meeting and also at the mailing. He is not happy with the content with 
respect to the organization of the document. The document contains two 
things:
1) definition of the service URNs (see Section 3, 5.3 and 5.4.)
2) resolution mechanism (see Section 4 and IANA consideration of the
draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-03.txt document)

In order to create the URN scheme RFC 3406 dictates that a resolution 
mechanism for the new URN has to be included.

Marc, Henning, Jon and Ted met during IETF#66 and discussed the issue 
and the following resolution was proposed: The content regarding URN 
resolution (including LoST server discovery) will be moved to the LoST 
document. The Service URN draft will contain a normative reference to 
the LoST draft. As a consequence the document will sit in the RFC 
editors queue waiting for LoST.

What do others think about the concerns and the suggested way forward?

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:21:35 -0400

> What do others think about the concerns and the suggested way forward?

I think it is unnecessary, but this is a workable compromise.

-andy