Subject: [Ecrit] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Emergency Calling in Internet Multimedia
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
Summoning emergency help by the public is a core feature of telephone
   networks.  This document describes a framework of how various IETF
   protocols and mechanisms are combined to place emergency calls.  This
   includes how these calls are routed to the correct Public Safety
   Answering Point (PSAP) based on the physical location of the caller,
   while providing the call taker the necessary information to dispatch
   a first responder to that location.  This document explains how
   location mapping, call identification and end system behavior are
   combined to allow multimedia emergency calls.  It describes at a high
   level how the pieces (recognizing a call as an emergency call,
   marking it as such, determining the location of the caller, routing
   the call based on location) go together, and references the Internet
   standards that define the details of these mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit