Subject: [Ecrit] thomson-geopriv-lis-discovery-03

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:41:53 -0800

This does a nice job of laying out the options. Few questions ...

Section 1.2. Do we really need to discover a URI or would host, port,  
and type of protocol be enough? If so, SRV would be simpler and more  
widely supported.

Section 4.2.1.1 UPnP would not work in many of the cases we are  
interested in such as layered NAT and even worse it may not be  
possible to detect this failure. I would not be in favor of UPnP  
unless it really was the only solution. It is also very complicated  
to spec the exact parts of it you would need - UPnP is a lot of things.

Do we have any idea how common DHCP without a domain name option is?  
I'm wondering if people would bother to implement way to get IP for  
reverse IP approaches.

Cullen <with my individual contributor hat on>

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit