Subject: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-04

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:41:13 -0800

I think there need to be more explanation about why the design allows  
multiple location objects and when this should be used (and how).

The location validation step seem a bit arm wavy in not clear exactly  
what you do, how anyone checks, and what happens if it fails. Perhaps  
I just need to go read other documents more.

If you are going to say IPSEC is an acceptable alternative to TLS, I  
think you need to say what ways it needs to be used to be acceptable.  
Regardless of if it is TLS or IPSEC, having an encrypted connection  
to the attacker does not do you much good and you need to stop that  
somehow.

Some trivial NIT stuff.

Overall there is a lot of duplicated ideas in here. I understand  
drafts get like this after years of editing.

In the first list in section 3 before figure 1. I think it might help  
to add a "time passes" type text and make it very clear what happens  
at boot time and what happens when the call is dialed.

There are some section that look a little weird from formatting point  
of view in the txt version:
* title section 4
* Civic list item in 6.1
* list in 6.2.4
* list in 6.5

Should Location beacons be in section 6.2.3 instead of 6.2.4?

End of 1st para in 6.13. I think one of these references was meant to  
point at something else.

Cullen <with my individual contributor hat on>

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit