Subject: [Ecrit] New versions of -framework and -phonebcp

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:12:29 -0500

I have submitted new versions of both -framework and -phonebcp.  I have
addressed all of the comments I received on phonebcp and most of those
against -framework.  My day job has been sucking time lately so this was
a rush job.  Specifically, I did not renumber new requirements added to
phonebcp, I did not make the appendix match the main body of the
document, and I did not do some of the editorial fixes reported against
framework.

I did do the change requested by Barbara that creates a new class of
entity with requirements: the "Intermediate" device.  I'm not thrilled
with that change.  I await reviews on that particular change.

I will do a clean-up edit pass shortly after Vancouver if the work group
considers the documents pretty much ready for WGLC.  There is one
significant missing subject which is "location hiding".  Hopefully we
can agree on direction in Vancouver and I can add text covering it.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:20:29 -0600

At 08:12 AM 11/19/2007, you wrote:
>There is one

I thought this was crystal clear in Chicago: leave it for a future effort

Many folks said this at the mic

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:25:44 -0500

Won't work.  We won't get deployment without it. 

I've talked to enough access network providers and regulators to figure
this out.  If we don't do it, then the protocols won't be implemented,
period.

I wish it were not so, but it is.  It's not hard to describe mechanisms
that work.  Some of them require no new protocol mechanisms.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James M. Polk [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:20 PM
> To: Rosen, Brian
> Cc: ECRIT
> Subject: Re: [Ecrit] New versions of -framework and -phonebcp
>

---

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:45:30 -0500

I agree with Brian's statements.
Barbara 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosen, Brian [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:26 PM
To: James M. Polk
Cc: ECRIT
Subject: RE: [Ecrit] New versions of -framework and -phonebcp

Brian

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA623