Subject: [Ecrit] Location update with Re-INVITE or UPDATE

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:40:24 -0800

I was wondering if there was any reason not to just say it had to be  
done one way or the other. I have a slight preference for UPDATE  
because Re-INVITES tent to have lots of interoperability problems  
around SDP. What we can't have is a PSAP that expects one and a  
caller that uses the other.

Cullen <with my individual contributor hat on>

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:55:53 -0600

>caller that uses the other.

Cullen, when did this become a doubt or choice?  SIP Conveyance has 
had text stating that updating location changes is only done with an 
UPDATE. It's been this way in the ID for years (literally).