Subject: [Ecrit] The importance of language in emergency services

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:38:27 -0800

One hot topic at the Emergency Services Workshop in Brussels was the 
ability of emergency callers to reach someone who speaks their language.

The issue has shown up again in the following video:
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1365353836237246497>

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:13:40 -0600

>ability of emergency callers to reach someone who speaks their language.

SIP has an Accept-Language header which can be supplied in a SIP 
request, provided the UAC knows to put this into their SIP requests...

This is in RFC 3261

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:17:42 -0600

At 07:13 PM 12/4/2007, James M. Polk wrote:
>>One hot topic at the Emergency Services Workshop in Brussels was 
>>the ability of emergency callers to reach someone who speaks their language.
>

BTW - there is a much bigger market for this capability: Customer 
Service call centers