Subject: [Ecrit] New Version Notification for draft-wolf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary-02

From: Karl Heinz Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:42:46 +0200

I just posted a new version of the service list boundary draft:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wolf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary-02.txt

Since there was some confusion about this draft I want to mention
again that it is not about changes in time of the service list. The
issue is that in different places, different services may be offered.
The listServicesByLocation query tells which services are available at
a particular location but the client has no way to figure out when to
perform a new listServicesByLocation query in order to not miss the
availability of a service when moving.
As a solution this draft proposes a boundary information which tells
the client the area a service list is valid for.

There was also some discussion if it is possible to create such
boundaries. I added the following paragraph to the draft:

   The mapping architecture and framework [RFC5582] describes that each
   tree announces its coverage region (for one type of service, e.g.
   sos.police) to one or more forest guides.  Forest guides peer with
   each other and synchronize their data.  Hence, a forest guide has
   sufficient knowledge (it knows all the services and their coverage
   regions) to answer a listServicesByLocation query and additionally
   add the serviceListBoundary as well.

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl Heinz