Subject: Re: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10.txt

From: Roger Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 05:18:03 +0000

Authors:
Does this version -10 resolve any/all WGLC comments raised?

-roger.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ecrit [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Data-Only Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Brian Rosen
                          Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-08-11

Abstract:
   RFC 6443 'Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia'
   describes how devices use the Internet to place emergency calls and
   how Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) can handle Internet
   multimedia emergency calls natively.  The exchange of multimedia
   traffic typically involves a SIP session establishment starting with
   a SIP INVITE that negotiates various parameters for that session.

   In some cases, however, the transmission of application data is
   everything that is needed.  Examples of such environments include a
   temperature sensors issuing alerts, or vehicles sending crash data.
   Often these alerts are conveyed as one-shot data transmissions.
   These type of interactions are called 'data-only emergency calls'.
   This document describes a container for the data based on the Common
   Alerting Protocol (CAP) and its transmission using the SIP MESSAGE
   transaction.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:45:00 -0700

No.  after discussions with Brian at the July IETF, I emailed him an 
edited version of the XML with all of my suggested changes, but Brian 
never got arund to doing anything with them, and then Hannes uploaded 
-10 without benefit of my changes, so now they are out of synch and 
someone needs to do the work to integrate my changes and Hannes'.

At 5:18 AM +0000 10/13/15, Roger Marshall wrote:

>   This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with 
> Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.
>
>  Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at 
> tools.ietf.org.
>
>  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message 
> may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended 
> recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the 
> intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, 
> distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) 
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, 
> please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all 
> attachments from your computer and network.
>

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Accident: A condition in which presence of mind is good, but absence of
body is better.

---

From: Roger Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:41:00 +0000

Thanks Randy for providing feedback.

-roger.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Gellens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 11:45 PM
To: Roger Marshall; Rosen, Brian ([email-masked]); [email-masked]; Hannes Tschofenig ([email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-10.txt

No.  after discussions with Brian at the July IETF, I emailed him an edited version of the XML with all of my suggested changes, but Brian never got arund to doing anything with them, and then Hannes uploaded
-10 without benefit of my changes, so now they are out of synch and someone needs to do the work to integrate my changes and Hannes'.

At 5:18 AM +0000 10/13/15, Roger Marshall wrote:

>  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may 
> be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended 
> recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended 
> recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or 
> copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly 
> prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify 
> the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your 
> computer and network.
>

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Accident: A condition in which presence of mind is good, but absence of body is better.

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:06:11 +0200

Can you mail the changes you have proposed around so that I can
incorporate them?

Ciao
Hannes