Subject: [Emailcore] draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-01

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 15:32:03 -0500

Hi.

As I promised in my note posted on 20 December,
draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-01 has been posted. 

Important changes and loose ends (there is a more comprehensive
list of changes, with better explanations, in Appendix H,
Section H.3.5):

(1) There are now no references to SEND, SAML, or SOML except in
Appendix F, Section F.6 and in the Index.   Any thoughts about
whether the title of F.6 should be revised to make it clear that
it is discussing those commands would be welcome.

(2) I've made a few additions to the Index, including fixing
what was just an error that had not been caught since RFC 5321
was published, and as mentioned on December 20, added some
cross-references.

(3) I've added the ticket numbers from
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/emailcore/report/1 to the document.
I've also added several subsections to Appendices G and H to
better align with the ticket list.  It occurs to me that I could
create an index of the tickets that would list them in numerical
order and provide page (!) references.  It would require some
effort so those who think it would be worth it, please speak up.

(4) Please see the Editor's note in the middle of F.6 mentioned
in my December 20th note.  I have heard nothing from the list.
Given the holiday season, I'm not ready to interpret silence as
"nothing else needed" yet but probably will if no one speaks up
in the next couple of weeks.

(5) Several new questions and odds and ends.  Again, see H.3.5.

Alexey has asked that I start marked "Resolved" issues into the
ticket list.  I'm willing to try to do it, but believe that may
be error-prone so, if someone else would like to volunteer as
Keeper of the Tickets, I am sure I, and I assume the co-chairs,
would appreciate it.

Best wishes for anything you might be celebrating and Happy New
Year.

   john