Subject: [Emailcore] WG scope

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:55:46 -0700

We keep having efforts to pursue entirely worthy topics that 
unfortunately appear to be outside the scope of this working group's 
charter.

The core text I see in the charter is:

>   The limited review is restricted
>   to corrections and clarifications only, with a strong emphasis on keeping
>   these minimal and avoiding broader changes to terminology or document
>   organization.

I read "corrections and clarifications" as meaning that the text either 
must be in error -- text that is wrong or text that is missing and is 
deemed to be essential -- or must reasonably be subject to 
misinterpretation.

Perhaps it will help, when someone suggests a change to a wg document, 
for them to explain whether the change is a correction or clarification 
(or both) and why it is needed?

d/
-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net