Subject: [Emailcore] Thje Recived header filed and the "for" clause

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 15:19:14 -0400

Hi

There has been a recent and moderately long discussion on
ietf-smtp about the "for" clause and when and how to apply it.
It was spawned by (and from) the discussion there of
draft-crocker-email-deliveredto, but turned into a discussion of
issues that are applicable (and IMO significant) here.  IMO, the
most complete message covering the discussion is one today from
Ned Freed [1].

There seems to be tentative agreement --so far at least among
Ned, Viktor, and myself-- that some work is needed, most likely
in both 5321bis and the A/S.

Issues with FOR have already been called out in 5321bis -- see
G.14 -- but no ticket has been assigned.  I will add a bit of
text there to reflect the discussions of the last few days, but
it is probably time to get a ticket assigned.

best,
   john

p.s. BTW, my apologies for not getting
draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-04 posted right after the IETF
meeting as I had expected and promised.  I've been fighting some
vision problems that have seriously slowed my ability to read
and edit and distracted by an unrelated IETF issue as well as
some unrelated things.  The former should stabilize by the end
of next week and I should have a better estimate of when I will
be able to make progress.

[1]
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-smtp/hMkwHT-6bi_AwYIxbFJBX5pqjiA

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:44:04 +0100

Hi John,

> it is probably time to get a ticket assigned.

You are right, I missed creating ticket for this. I've added <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/emailcore/ticket/55>.

Best Regards,
Alexey
> -- 
> Emailcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emailcore
>