Subject: [Emailcore] Closing tickets: #52, #34 and soon #53

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:59:25 +0000

Hi,

Text for the following tickets was implemented in rfc5321bis-06, so I am 
going to close them:

Ticket #34: Erratum 1820: "forwarding" is used instead of "list"

Ticket #52: G.7.14. Abstract Update

Text for the following ticket was agreed and a draft proposal appears in 06:

Ticket #53: G.7.15 Informative References to MIME and/or Message Submission

I will close it once 07 is published to fully implement it.

For more details see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/materials/slides-112-emailcore-chairs-slides-03.pdf>

Best Regards,

Alexey

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 10:37:26 +0100

Hi all,

On Wed 17/Nov/2021 17:59:25 +0100 Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> Text for the following tickets was implemented in rfc5321bis-06, so I am going 
> to close them:
> 
> 

As the reporter of erratum 1820 in July 2009, I'm happy it has finally been 
addressed.  It reminds me of the doubts about the term "forwarding" that have 
been bewildering my mind ever since:

* Why isn't Section 3.9 called "Forwarding" rather than Aliases and Lists?

* Why isn't section 3.4 a subsection of 3.9, then?

* Why doesn't it use the phrase "email address portability"?

* Doesn't the lost paragraph of 4.4.1 ([JcK/Alexey 20211104]) belong here as well?

* Hmm...

Doubtfully
Ale
--