Subject: [eman] Applicability statement: IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group and ODVA

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:45:19 +0100

Dear applicability statement authors,

 From the charter:

    6. Applicability statement
    The EMAN WG will develop an applicability statement, describing the
    variety of applications that can use the energy framework and associated
    MIB modules. Potential examples are building networks, home energy
    gateway, etc. Finally, the document will also discuss relationships of
    the framework to other architectures and frameworks (such as smartgrid).
    The applicability statement will explain the relationship between the
    work in this WG and the other existing standards such as those from the
    IEC, ANSI, DMTF, and others.

That would be great, if you could say a few words about IEEE/ISTO 
Printer Working Group.
Btw, ODVA would be interesting to add as well. Remember that they will 
be an OVDA presentation in Prague.

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[eman] IETF EMAN request to address printers...
Date: 	Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:11:41 -0700
From: 	Ebner, Fritz <[email-masked]>
To: 	<[email-masked]>

Hello,

Please make sure that any power control or monitoring MIBs or drafts 
that the EMAN WG produces can cover the use cases, power controls, and 
power monitoring features provided in the printer working group.  
Details are below:

The IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group has published their Candidate 
Standard for Power Management and the associate protocol binding for 
SNMP.  Below are the links to the abstract model and MIB.

PWG 5106.4 - PWG Power Management Model for Imaging Systems 1.0:

The PWG Power Management Model for Imaging Systems 1.0 specification was
recently approved as a PWG Candidate Standard and is now available at:

http://www.pwg.org/standards.html

and

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspower10-20110214-5106.4.pdf 
/ doc

PWG 5106-5 - PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0

The PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0 specification was recently approved
as a PWG Candidate Standard and is now available at:

http://www.pwg.org/standards.html

and

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspowermib10-20110214-5106.5.pdf 
/ doc / mib
  - PDF, MS Word, and ASN.1 source in plaintext

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspowermib10-20110214-5106.5-mib.pdf
  - ASN.1 source in color highlighted PDF

Thanks,

Fritz Ebner

---

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:13:21 -0700

HI All,

I don't think the ODVA applies to the IEEE/ISTO Printer working group.
It's a different organization.

Jp

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Benoit Claise (bclaise)
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:45 AM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] Applicability statement: IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group
andODVA

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message -------- 

Subject: 

[eman] IETF EMAN request to address printers...

Date: 

Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:11:41 -0700

From: 

Ebner, Fritz <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]> 

To: 

<[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Hello,

and

The PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1.0 specification was recently
approved
as a PWG Candidate Standard and is now available at:

and

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspowermib10-20110214-5106.5.p
df / doc / mib
 - PDF, MS Word, and ASN.1 source in plaintext

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-wimspowermib10-20110214-5106.5-m
ib.pdf
 - ASN.1 source in color highlighted PDF

Thanks,

Fritz Ebner