Subject: [eman] Call for Agenda items for the EMAN open meeting in Prague

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:15:46 +0100

Dear all,

Now that we have a final agenda...
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/agenda.html 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/agenda.html>
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/agenda.txt 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/agenda.txt>
     http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/index.html 
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/index.html>
If you plan to ask for presentation or discussion slots in the EMAN
meeting in Prague, please send your requests to us.

Regards, Bruce and Benoit.

---

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:45:53 -0800

Hi Chairs,

I'd like to request a time slot (< 20 min?) to present similar work on
Energy Awareness from the ODVA organization. 

The ODVA  is a business league of Industrial automation manufacturing
device makers. They specify and maintain the CIP protocol which is used
to control manufacturing devices. They recently formed an energy SIG of
which I am a member.

The SIG has proposed a class addition to CIP that calls for "Energy
Awareness"  in all manufacturing device and have come up with a data
model and format for CIP.

I'd like to show the similarities to the IETF EMAN effort. The ODVA
would like to see a consistent data model for energy awareness
regardless of protocol (ie SNMP, CIP, MODBUS, PROFINET etc)

Three concepts they are taking from EMAN -  Caliber rating, Parent/Child
aggregation, Power States - with a general mantra of simple
implementations for simple device.

I think it would be educational for the group to see how another group
of electrical engineers (non IT) are modeling and responding to the same
the same exact problem areas as EMAN.

More information at:

http://www.odva.org/Home/tabid/53/ctl/Details/mid/372/ItemID/74/lng/en-U
S/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Jp

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Benoit Claise (bclaise)
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 12:16 AM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] Call for Agenda items for the EMAN open meeting in
Prague

Dear all,

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:01:55 +0100

Hi John,
 
> The ODVA would like to see a consistent data model for energy
awareness regardless of protocol (ie SNMP, CIP, MODBUS, PROFINET etc)
 
In the IETF speech you may be talking about an Information Model. I
recommend that you have a look at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3444.txt
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3444.txt> .
 
Regards,
 
Dan

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of John Parello (jparello)
	Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 7:46 PM
	To: Benoit Claise (bclaise); eman mailing list
	Subject: [eman] Request for Presentation slot... RE: Call for
Agenda itemsfor the EMAN open meeting in Prague

	Hi Chairs,

	I'd like to request a time slot (< 20 min?) to present similar
work on Energy Awareness from the ODVA organization. 

	The ODVA  is a business league of Industrial automation
manufacturing device makers. They specify and maintain the CIP protocol
which is used to control manufacturing devices. They recently formed an
energy SIG of which I am a member.

	The SIG has proposed a class addition to CIP that calls for
"Energy Awareness"  in all manufacturing device and have come up with a
data model and format for CIP.

	I'd like to show the similarities to the IETF EMAN effort. The
ODVA would like to see a consistent data model for energy awareness
regardless of protocol (ie SNMP, CIP, MODBUS, PROFINET etc)

	Three concepts they are taking from EMAN -  Caliber rating,
Parent/Child aggregation, Power States - with a general mantra of simple
implementations for simple device.

	I think it would be educational for the group to see how another
group of electrical engineers (non IT) are modeling and responding to
the same the same exact problem areas as EMAN.

	More information at:

	Jp

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Benoit Claise (bclaise)
	Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 12:16 AM
	To: eman mailing list
	Subject: [eman] Call for Agenda items for the EMAN open meeting
in Prague

	Dear all,

	    http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/index.html
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/index.html> 
	If you plan to ask for presentation or discussion slots in the
EMAN
	meeting in Prague, please send your requests to us.

---

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:40:26 -0800

Very Cool. Thanks Dan!

Yes that would be an information model.

Jp

From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:02 AM
To: John Parello (jparello); Benoit Claise (bclaise); eman mailing list
Subject: RE: [eman] Request for Presentation slot... RE: Call for Agenda
itemsfor the EMAN open meeting in Prague

Hi John,

Regards,

Dan

	

	Hi Chairs,

	More information at:

	Jp

	Dear all,