Subject: [eman] Review of draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-01

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 02:56:18 -0500

Hello all, 

Here are my comments on the Energy - Aware MIB -
draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-01

Thanks
Mouli

Energy-Aware MIB focuses on three concepts - the Identity of a device
monitored for energy consumption; the context of the device,  the notion
of Parent/Child. 
 
Given that there is extensive email discussion on the possible use of
ENTITY MIB - there should be a section on the pros and cons of using
Entity MIB modeling. 
 
Regarding Parent child  relationship  - you have introduced some new new
MIB variables -      pmMgmtMacAddress  ,  pmMgmtAddressType       ,
pmMgmtAddress  ,   pmMgmtDNSName             
The value of these variables to describe a child should be explained. 
What if the Layer 2 of the device does not have a MAC address or  No IP
address (BACNET) ?
 
Similarly,  pmAlternateKey   - Need more explanation. 
Secondly,  what if there is a conflict between pmKeywords and
pmAlternateKeys ?
 
Thanks
Mouli