Subject: [eman] Review of draft-tychon-eman-applicability-statement-01.txt

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:01:58 -0500

Hello all, 

Here is my review of  draft-tychon-eman-applicability-statement-01.txt 

Thanks

Mouli

To an extent,  the EMAN WG  work started with a requirements draft and
then a couple of MIB Modules. 

Now, we have an applicability statement. 

In an ideal setting, it would be good to have the applicability
statement first, which should feed in to the requirements for energy
monitoring and as a result of requirements, the architecture and MIB
modules are designed to comply with the requirements.

As of now, the applicability statement is a good start in terms of the
areas to be covered - Scope of EMAN, Use cases of energy monitoring, and
relevant standards in IETF and other standards organizations working on
Energy. 

I would like to suggest the Use cases section be expanded to cover the
network scenarios ( 8 or 9 scenarios covered in other drafts)  of energy
monitoring in detail. 

Instead of use cases described in all documents, it may be useful to
capture the use cases in this in document and other documents shall
refer to the use cases. 

Similarly, In terms of standards section requires some more detail.
Section 2 has a description of some standards like IEC and ANSI, .... It
would be useful to describe what aspects of those standards are relevant
to EMAN and should be captured in EMAN. 

In summary, the draft needs a revision of Use cases and Energy related
standards.  There are typos that need to be corrected and I shall send
those the authors directly.  

Thanks

Mouli