Subject: [eman] terminology and monitoring devices that generate energy

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:50:17 +0000

Hi all,

I read the terminology provided in the following  draft and I have one
generic comment:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-eman-framework-02.txt

In almost all listed terms, energy monitoring & control refers only to
monitoring the energy consumption.

In my opinion it is also needed to also emphasize that energy monitoring
& control is accomplished for energy consumption and/or energy
generation.

This addition will be needed in most of the provided terms, for example,
this terminology modification is needed in the following terms:

"Energy Management System (EnMS)", "Energy Management", "Energy
Control", "Energy Managed Object", "Energy Aware Object", "Energy
Management Domain".

For example the modification on the definition of the "Energy Management
Domain" could change from:

  Energy Management Domain

        An Energy Management Domain is a name or name space that
        logically groups Energy Managed Objects into a zone of Energy
        Management.  Typically, this zone will have as members all
        Energy Managed Objects that are powered from the same electrical
        panel(s) for which there is a meter or sub meter.

Into something like:

  Energy Management Domain

        An Energy Management Domain is a name or name space that
        logically groups Energy Managed Objects into a zone of Energy
        Management.  Typically, this zone will have as members all
        Energy Managed Objects that are powered from the same electrical
        panel(s) and/or are supplying power to the same electrical
panel(s)
        for which there is a meter or sub meter.

Best regards,
Georgios

---

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:53:33 -0700

Thanks!

I'll add that to the terminology draft and then back in the framework.

Are you ok with the term Energy Managed Object?

Jp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of Georgios Karagiannis
Sent: Thu 7/28/2011 10:50 AM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] terminology and monitoring devices that generate energy
 
Hi all,

  Energy Management Domain

Into something like:

  Energy Management Domain

Best regards,
Georgios
_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman