Subject: Re: [eman] Terminology: energy control

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:37:22 -0700

HI,

I moved the contentious phrase to a note and re-phrased.

Jp

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Juergen Quittek
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:47 PM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] Terminology: energy control

Hi John,

In draft-parello-eman-definitions-00 you define 'energy control' as:

	     Energy Control 

	       Energy Control is a part of Energy Management that deals
with 

	       modifying or setting the state of an Energy Managed
Object in 

	       order to optimize or ensure its efficiency. 

I disagree. Energy Control is not limited to optimization of efficiency.
"in order to optimize or ensure its efficiency" should be removed. A
function that increases energy consumption needs also to be covered by
the term energy control.

What woud be the difference between "modifying" and "setting" a state?

What about the following?:

    Energy Control is a part of Energy Management that deals wit
influencing the

    consumption of energy in a network of energy consuming devices.

Thanks,

    Juergen