Subject: [eman] draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-00.txt - Open Issue 7

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:54:19 -0500

In reference to Open issue 7 listed in 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-00

seeking feedback from the WG. 

Currently, there are two types of 3 phase AC power configurations are
modeled WYE and Delta. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-%CE%94_transform

There are two MIB tables to capture the unique power measurements in
these 3 - phase configurations. 

Are there requirements (need) for modeling any additional 3 - phase AC
power configurations ? 

Thanks

Mouli

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:02:56 -0500

In reference to Open issue 8 listed in 

 

The intent of Nameplate power configuration in the MIB module is for
capacity planning. 

This value gives the maximum/worst case power usage of the device. 

By aggregating the Nameplate power consumption of all devices in a
facility, it is possible to obtain the maximum load requirement for a
facility. 

This is the intent of this value. 

There is also voltage range e.g. 200V - 240V or an Ampere range for a
device. The intent is different. 

This range is similar to UL (Underwriter Labs) - safety range (voltage,
current) for a device. 

Currently, requirements for high and low thresholds for Voltage and
Current are being considered. 

Based on those requirements, the MIB module shall contain high and low
threshold notifications. 

Thanks

Mouli

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:06:19 -0500

In reference to Open issue 9 listed in 

 

Based on the EMAN Charter,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/eman/charter/

Circuit breakers are not considered in the scope of EMAN devices

Thanks

Mouli

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:17:01 -0500

In reference to Open issue 10 listed in 

There has been much debated issue for requirements - 

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eman/current/msg00792.html

There are two questions - 

1.      What are the time series values need to be stored in a device ?

The requirements draft shall provide guidance on this issue. 

Instantaneous values (power, voltage, ...) need not be stored as a time
series. It should be possible to poll the device as frequently as
necessary to obtain the values. 

Our claim is that time series need to be stored in the device for
averaged power values (demand, energy)

2.      What is the reporting mechanism ? 

As of now, there are no push mechanisms in the EMAN framework. This is
still open issue in the EMAN framework.

Thanks

Mouli