Subject: [eman] new version of eman rquirements

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:54:06 +0900

Dear all,

Please find version 05 of the eman requirements at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-eman-requirements-05.txt

16 out of 18 open issues have been solved since the last version.
The two remaining ones have already been posted to this mailing
list a week ago and the first one has already received several
comments:

  - Do we need entity types?
  - Are there references to standards for DC power quality?

Further open is the terminology that is discussed jointly for
all drafts on the list and in draft-parello-eman-definitions.

It seem likely that we can solve these issue at our session.
After concluding the terminology discussions (at least for the
terms used in the requirements section) I see the draft ready
for WGLC.

There were many small changes between version -04 and -05
that you best view with rfcdiff (http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff).

Among the bigger changes are

  - added required linkage to LLDP MIB, LLDP-MED MIB, and
    Power Ethernet MIB
  - added requirement for notifications, see Section 5.7
  - revised security considerations

Please have a look at the changes and send your comments.

Thanks,

    Juergen