Subject: [eman] The need for simultaneous measurement using multiple windowing schemes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 18:47:36 +0900

Hi Mouli,

At present it is possible to define multiple interval modes in
eman-energy-monitoring-mib.  I would like to clarify the necessity for
multiple modes (periodic, total, sliding).

The purpose essentially differs between TOTAL and PERIOD.  The purpose of
TOTAL makes it possible to acquire an integrated value to arbitrary timing.
Even if the TOTAL polling interval is far more than a few hours, it may
be not permitted that there are several minutes error.
As for the time interval of PERIOD, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and or 60
minutes are assumed.  Time accuracy cannot be collateralized when trying
substitution of the value of TOTAL with the value of PERIOD.
When both an integrated value and a periodic value are required,
I think that it is necessary to collect each individually.

Best regards,
Minoru

--
Minoru Teraoka
Yokogawa Electric Corporation