Subject: Re: [eman] #10: 6.5.2 - DMTF states

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 20:01:44 -0000

#10: 6.5.2 - DMTF states

Changes (by brads@…):

 * owner:  all => brads@…

-- 
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  n.brownlee@…  |       Owner:  brads@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major         |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework     |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                |
--------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 02:27:20 -0000

#10: 6.5.2 - DMTF states

Comment (by brads@…):

 I don't undersand the suggestion to condense this.  Please provide more
 rational.  It all seems highly relevant esp given the different view
 points on power states.

 6.5.2 DMTF Power State Series

         DMTF [DMTF] standards organization has defined a power profile
         standard based on the CIM (Common Information Model) model
         that consists of 15 power states ON (2), SleepLight (3),
         SleepDeep (4), Off-Hard (5), Off-Soft (6), Hibernate(7),
         PowerCycle Off-Soft (8), PowerCycle Off-Hard (9), MasterBus
         reset (10), Diagnostic Interrupt (11), Off-Soft-Graceful (12),
         Off-Hard Graceful (13), MasterBus reset Graceful (14), Power-
         Cycle Off-Soft Graceful (15), PowerCycle-Hard Graceful (16).
         DMTF standard is targeted for hosts and computers.  Details of
         the semantics of each Power State within the DMTF Power State
         Series can be obtained from the DMTF Power State Management
         Profile specification [DMTF].

         DMTF power profile extends ACPI power states.  The following
         table provides a mapping between DMTF and ACPI Power State
         Series and EMAN Power State Sets (described in the next
         section):

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/10#comment:2>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:06:40 -0000

#10: 6.5.2 - DMTF states

Changes (by n.brownlee@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed by the -06 draft

-- 
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  n.brownlee@…  |       Owner:  brads@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major         |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework     |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -             |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                |
--------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/10#comment:3>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>