Subject: [eman] EMAN-REQ: 5.7.2. Time series interval types

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:45:29 +0200

Hi,

I looked at 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eman-requirements-09.txt, 
and I have a question
What does the following new requirement mean and imply?

        5.7.2. Time series interval types

    The standard must provide means for supporting alternative interval
    types.  Requirement 5.5.2 applies to every reported time value.

>From http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-03

         There are three eoEnergyParametersIntervalMode types used for
         energy measurement collection: period, sliding, and total. The
         choices of the the three different modes of collection are based
         on IEC standard 61850-7-4.

While we can have a new entry in eoEnergyParametersIntervalMode...

   eoEnergyParametersIntervalMode OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX          INTEGER  {
                               period(1),
                               sliding(2),
                               total(3)
                           }
           MAX-ACCESS      read-create

... I'm slightly concerned that the new interval types might involve 
different indices, so basically new MIB tables.

Regards, Benoit (as a contributor)