Subject: [eman] #26: ASHRAE 201P Power Quality

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 02:37:54 -0000

#26: ASHRAE 201P Power Quality

 The ASHRAE/NEMA Standard 201P use of power quality terminology should be
 normalized or cross-referenced with EMAN terminology.

 ASHRAE:
 "This information represents a summary of power quality information
 typically required by customer facility energy management systems. It is
 not intended to satisfy the detailed requirements of power quality
 monitoring. All values are as defined by measurementProtocol during the
 period. The standards typically also give ranges of allowed values; the
 information attributes are the raw measurements, not the "yes/no"
 determination by the various standards."

 EMAN:
 "Power Characteristics is not intended to be judgmental with respect to a
 reference or technical  independent of any usage context."

-- 
-----------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  brads@…    |      Owner:  draft-ietf-eman-framework@…
     Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major      |  Milestone:
Component:  framework  |    Version:
 Severity:  -          |   Keywords:
-----------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/26>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:56:51 -0000

Changes (by n.brownlee@…):

 * owner:  draft-ietf-eman-framework@… => brad@…
 * version:   => 1.0
 * milestone:   => milestone1

Comment:

 Brad: please add text to do this

-- 
-----------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  brads@…    |       Owner:  brad@…
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:             |
-----------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/26#comment:1>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 03:00:04 -0000

Comment (by brads@…):

 I suggest we use the ASHRAE term "power quality" instead of our own term
 "power characteristics".

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/26#comment:2>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:51:56 -0000

Comment (by brads@…):

 While discussed at Vancouver, that discussion occurred before ASHRAE 201P
 was released.  In light of 201P, the reasons for the Vancouver decision
 appear now erroneous.

 The question Bruce raised in our discussion prior to Vancouver, was "What
 are the reference values for each then?" [eman mailing list March 13,
 2012]. 201P answers this, defining these as the raw measurements, not the
 determination once they're applied to a reference value.

 The attributes here are raw quality metrics like frequency, voltage, power
 factor, active, reactive, apparent power, phase impedance.  At the very
 least, we should cross-reference our invented term with the standard one.
 Even better would be to use the standard terminology.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/26#comment:3>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>