Subject: [eman] DRAFT minutes for our Orlando meeting

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:02:14 -0700

Hi all:

Here are my draft minutes, please read them and send me any comments or
corrections.

My one-para summary of the meeting is:

The Entity MIBv4 and EMAN Requirements are (nearly) completed.  The
meeting focused on the EMAN Framework; in particular we explored the
question "should we develop the EMAN Information Model using UML, so
that it can be used by other organisations such as SCTE."  That
question will be discussed further on the EMAN list.  Meanwhile the
EMAN Framework authors will continue their work on that I-D; our
Milestone for it is 'April 2013."

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Bruce Nordman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:38:30 -0700

Thanks much to Nevil for taking well care of the minutes.

A few minor comments.  For the framework it is state:

  . Since this is the I-D that describes "IETF Energy Management,"
    it needs to state a clear definition of Energy Management.

There is a definition of Energy Management in the framework
draft already so I think this is covered.

 . This I-D also needs to indicate how it relates to Energy Management
    standards from other organisation.

The Applicability Statement does this, and the Introduction to the
framework document notes this.  So, I think this also already covered.

On the Applicability Statement:

- Many changes (see slides), needs more text about ASHRAE 201P
= Now fairly stable; ready for WGLC once Framework is done

Actually we have not had changes, but the rest is correct.

It has been nine days since Nevil posted the minutes.
I think early next week would be a suitable time for he
and myself to finalize the minutes, so if there are any
other comments, please post them ASAP.
Thanks,

--Bruce

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Nevil Brownlee
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> _______________________________________________
> eman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman
>
>

-- 
*Bruce Nordman*
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
*nordman.lbl.gov*
[email-masked]
510-486-7089
m: 510-501-7943