Subject: [eman] CEA energy reporting project

From: Bruce Nordman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:49:22 -0700

Today the Consumer Electronics Association announced a new
standards development effort:

CEA’s R7.8 Modular Communications Interface for Energy Management
Subcommittee is developing a standard to enable consumer electronic devices
to communicate their energy usage information for example over a home
network as well as optionally respond to basic demand/response commands.
The standard will enable mapping to and from the NAESB/PAP10 EUI model
(North American Energy Standards Board) as well as utilize ANSI/CEA-2045
Modular Communications Interface for Energy Management messaging where
possible.

I will monitor developments in this process and fill them in on
EMAN details.  For some purposes CEA is a U.S. trade association,
but many of the standards activities are global.

--Bruce

-- 
*Bruce Nordman*
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
*nordman.lbl.gov*
[email-masked]
510-486-7089
m: 510-501-7943