Subject: [eman] #37: Determine how best to include PWG power states

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:16:47 -0000

#37: Determine how best to include PWG power states

 The PWG power states include vendor-specific states; how should we
 handle this?  We discussed three possible ways forward:
 1. Add PWG's power states, leaving out its vendor-specific
    states.
 2. Leave the PWG states out of the EMAN power states for now;
    they could be added later by asking IANA to register them
    (they'd probably be subject to Expert review at that point).
 3. Discuss having a Vendor-specific Power States Registry with IANA.

 Nevil has asked Ira McDonald (PWG) how we should proceed.

 Also, we note that
 - the PWG states include several 'operational' states
 - the PWG states will need to be reflected in the
   EMAN Monitoring MIB

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  applicability-statement    |    Version:
 Severity:  -                          |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/37>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>