Subject: [eman] EMAN co-chair update

From: Bruce Nordman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:33:29 -0700

Greetings EMAN--

  I am stepping down as EMAN WG co-chair, and withdrawing as a
co-author of the Framework draft.  This does not indicate that I
will be less a participant in EMAN - to the contrary, it will
enable me to be active in ways that might be problematic being
also co-chair.  I think this will help move the process forward
more quickly and productively to a good conclusion.  The process
remains in good hands with Nevil, Joel, and Benoit.

  As the only "energy" person significantly involved in the process,
I appreciate the IETF (and in particular Dan) reaching out to my
community to invite me in as co-chair nearly three years ago.
As we deal with a topic that spans networking and energy, I have
tried to represent the energy perspective part, in particular with:
  draft-norwin-energy-consider-02
  draft-nordman-eman-energy-perspective-01
  draft-nordman-classification-00
  draft-quittek-eman-reference-model-03

  We have a solid foundation now: Two solid final documents
(Entity MIB v4 and the Requirements), and two that are ready to be
final (Battery MIB and Applicability).

  In November 2011 in Taipei, we agreed to try to merge the principles
from the Reference Model into the Framework and so I joined as a
co-author.  The five of us plus Nevil have spent a lot of time and
effort over the last 18 months to try to reconcile the differences
in the two approaches and to address my many concerns with the document.
Had it worked, a joint effort would have been the best outcome.
While some progress has been made, at this point it does not seem
likely that many of the many remaining issues can be resolved.

I look forward to the coming months and contributing to EMAN process
as it moves forward.

Thank you,

--Bruce

-- 
*Bruce Nordman*
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
*nordman.lbl.gov*
[email-masked]
510-486-7089
m: 510-501-7943

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:26:40 +0200

Bruce,

I would like to again thank you for your service as EMAN co-chair. It's 
especially notable because you took it on as a relative newcomer to the 
IETF. You provided me with valuable advice, which I will no doubt be 
seeking again in the future.

Regards
joel

On 6/17/13 9:33 PM, Bruce Nordman wrote:
> *nordman.lbl.gov <http://nordman.lbl.gov>*
> [email-masked]
> 510-486-7089
> m: 510-501-7943
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> eman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:21:30 +1200

Hi Bruce:

Thanks a lot for all your work in EMAN; I've enjoyed working with you.
As a newcomer to energy management, I certainly learned a lot about it 
from all our interactions!

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                          Computer Science Department
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:05:55 +0200

Thanks Bruce for your 3 years of service. Much appreciated.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:58:11 +0000

Congratulations and thanks for your dedicated work as EMAN co-chair, good chance and success in the future work!

Dan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce Nordman
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 10:33 PM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] EMAN co-chair update

Greetings EMAN--

Thank you,

--Bruce

--
Bruce Nordman
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
nordman.lbl.gov<http://nordman.lbl.gov>
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
510-486-7089
m: 510-501-7943