Subject: [eman] [EMAN-AWARE] and [EMAN-MON] implementation status information

From: Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:00:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

Benoit asked for information about SNMP Research's EMAN prototype in a
format suitable for inclusion in an Implementation Status Section of
the [EMAN-AWARE] and [EMAN-MON] drafts.  The following information was
sent in a private E-mail, and Benoit suggested sharing it on the the
EMAN WG E-mail list.  I hope it provides useful information to the WG.

For [EMAN-AWARE] and [EMAN-MON]:

     Source:     SNMP Research, Inc.,   http://www.snmp.com/

     Maturity:   Prototype based upon early drafts of the MIBs.  We
                 anticipate updating it to more recent documents as
                 development schedules allow.

     Coverage:   Code was generated to implement all MIB objects in the
                 ENTITY-MIB (Version 4), the ENERGY-OBJECT-CONTEXT-MIB,
                 the ENERGY-OBJECT-MIB, the POWER-CHARACTERISTICS-MIB,
                 and the BATTERY-MIB.

                 Simulated instrumentation values were added to model a
                 PC connected to a network, one use scenario described
                 in section 2.3 of the Energy Management Applicability
                 Statement.  In a separate BATTERY-MIB simulation,
                 instrumentation values were added to simulate a pair
                 of continously discharging/recharging batteries.

                 The simulated values include:

                 From the ENTITY-MIB:
                 -  Objects in the entPhysicalTable;
                 -  Objects in the entLastChangeTime object;

                 From the ENERGY-OBJECT-CONTEXT-MIB:
                 -  Objects in the eoTable;
                 -  Objects in the eoRelationTable;

                 From the ENERGY-OBJECT-MIB:
                 -  Objects in the eoMeterCapabilitiesTable;
                 -  Objects in the eoPowerTable;
                 -  Objects in the eoPowerStateTable;
                 -  Objects in the eoEnergyParametersTable;
                 -  Objects in the eoEnergyTable;

                 From the POWER-CHARACTERISTICS-MIB:
                 -  Objects in the eoACPwrCharacteristicsTable;

                 From the BATTERY-MIB:
                 -  Objects in the batteryTable;

     Implementation experience:  The documents are implementable.

     Comments:   Technical comments about the ENERGY-OBJECT-CONTEXT-MIB,
                 the ENERGY-OBJECT-MIB, and the BATTERY-MIB were submitted
                 to the EMAN Working Group E-mail list.  These should be
                 available in the list archive.

     Licensing:  Proprietary, royalty licensing

     Contact:    Alan Luchuk, luchuk at snmp.com

Regards,
--Alan

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alan Luchuk               SNMP Research, Inc.          Voice:  +1 865 573 1434
 Senior Software Engineer  3001 Kimberlin Heights Road  FAX:    +1 865 573 9197
 luchuk at snmp.com        Knoxville, TN  37920-9716    http://www.snmp.com/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------