Subject: [eman] Hello from my new email

From: Ted Ghose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 03:55:28 +0000

Hello again,

I was on a break from the workgroup for a while, and I'm really amaze on the
progress that has been made. The framework has taken a great shape.
Interesting email threads I'm still catching on.

I like the relationship topology. It will be really useful to make a
topological  graph and visualize the power network. I belief it can further
enhanced by allowing NMS (or the device if capable) to dynamically add
remove rows as devices joins or leave the power network. I like the cloud
concept too, as devices that are powered off might not be able to persist
relationship topology. We can open a healthy debate on this one.

The measurement definition looks great too. I was thinking a simple positive
or negative sign on the value could indicate direction of the flow.

I'm absolutely on board with designing the system mimicking physical world,
not the other way around. We have a device and that has components. Each
device have an unique id (uuid of entity mib will suffice) and unique index
to address each component. Each component has its own attributes (name
length, weight, etc.), and energy is one among them.  Components could
meter, produce, store, distribute, consume, recharge energy. I'd like to
vision it like big data, each component, depending on its role, populates
some part of its spare vector. They also will put the topology info as part
of their vector. Now the NMS could very easily construct an energy flow
across the network down to component level.

As I'm catching up, I'll start putting more of my thoughts in writing.

-Ted Ghose-