Subject: [eman] RFC 6988 on Requirements for Energy Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:35:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6988

        Title:      Requirements for Energy Management 
        Author:     J. Quittek, Ed.,
                    M. Chandramouli, R. Winter,
                    T. Dietz, B. Claise
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 58116
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eman-requirements-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6988.txt

This document defines requirements for standards specifications for
Energy Management.  The requirements defined in this document are
concerned with monitoring functions as well as control functions.
Monitoring functions include identifying energy-managed devices and
their components, as well as monitoring their Power States, Power
Inlets, Power Outlets, actual power, Power Attributes, received
energy, provided energy, and contained batteries.  Control functions
include such functions as controlling power supply and Power State of
energy-managed devices and their components.

This document does not specify the features that must be implemented
by compliant implementations but rather lists features that must be
supported by standards for Energy Management.

This document is a product of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC