Subject: [eman] Updated EMAN prototype

From: Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:24:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

SNMP Research's EMAN prototype has been updated to implement the latest   
MIBs from:

    rfc6933.txt
    draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-10.txt
    draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-07.txt
    draft-ietf-eman-battery-mib-10.txt

If you are interested, you can try out the prototype by following the
instructions in:

    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eman/current/msg01802.html

Due to other development priorities, the minimum changes were added to
the prototype, so the updated prototype looks amazingly similar to the
earlier prototype.  The easily-noticed changes include the addition of
the batteryCellIdentifier object and the changes to the object names
from powerACPwrCharacteristicsYYY to eoACPwrAttributesYYY.

We have not yet studied the updated documents, so we do not yet have
significant technical comments.  At this time, our only comments are:

1)  In  draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-07, fix the spacing in
    "POWER- ATTRIBUTES -MIB DEFINITIONS" so that the MIB name is
    "POWER-ATTRIBUTES-MIB".

2)  For walking the EMAN MIBs, in constrast to registering each EMAN MIB
    with an OID subordinate to mib-2, it would be helpful if a single
    "root" OID were registered with IANA, and all of the individual EMAN
    MIBs were subordinate to root OID.  This would allow a single OID
    to be registered with IANA, and would simplify "walking" the EMAN MIBs
    by iterating through all of the OIDs under the root.

We hope these efforts and comments are helpful to the EMAN WG.

Regards,
--Alan

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alan Luchuk               SNMP Research, Inc.          Voice:  +1 865 573 1434
 Senior Software Engineer  3001 Kimberlin Heights Road  FAX:    +1 865 573 9197
 luchuk at snmp.com        Knoxville, TN  37920-9716    http://www.snmp.com/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 19:13:12 -0400

very cool. thanks for the update.

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> eman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman
>