Subject: [eman] Protocol Action: 'Power, Energy Monitoring and Control MIB' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 09:44:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Power, Energy Monitoring and Control MIB'
  (draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Energy Management Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib/

Technical Summary

The Energy Monitoring MIB has two independent MIB modules,
energyObjectMIB and powerAttributesMIB. The first, energyObjectMIB, 
is focused on measurement of power and energy. The second,
powerAttributesMIB, is focused on power quality measurements for
Energy Objects.
         
This document defines a subset of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for power and energy monitoring of devices.  Devices and their
sub-components can be modeled using the containment tree of the
ENTITY-MIB [RFC6933].

Working Group Summary

There are no noteworthy events associated with the MIBs

Document Quality

Version -08 had its WG Last Call from 13 to 30 December 2013;
as part of that it was reviewed by the MIB-Doctors.  Six reviews
were received from the EMAN list, as well as a detailed list of
changes and improvements from the MIB Doctors.
The authors have modified the draft in response to that feedback; 
we believe that the current (-09) version has resolved all the 
issues.  That discussion raged on the EMAN list through January
2014.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:         Nevil Brownlee
Responsible Area Director: Joel Jaegli