Subject: [Emu] 答复: Re: on draft-hartman-emu-mutual-crypto-bind-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:43:39 +0800

Regards~~~

-Sujing Zhou

Sam Hartman <[email-masked]> 写于 2012-06-29 02:06:00:

> >>>>> "zhou" == zhou sujing <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>     zhou> To my understanding, right prior to finishing tunnel 
> establishement, EAP peer
>     zhou> and EAP Server(print server in the server insertion attack
> case) should have
>     zhou> exchanged channel binding with integrity protection by key
> only known to EAP
>     zhou> peer and EAP server (MSK in this case),
> 
> well, I actually think this happens after tunnel establishment and after
> the inner method.
> So,  after the print server learns the MSK.
> As I read draft-ietf-emu-chbind nothing forbids this. Certainly the
> existing implementations of channel binding I'm aware of work that way.
> 

Since tunnel method is also an EAP method, and used for protecting the 
inner EAP method,
why cann't put channel binding right after the tunnel method? So that 
adverse affects can 
be prevented more effectively.
 There is a paragraph in  draft-ietf-emu-chbind
" The channel binding protocol defined in this document must be
   transported after keying material has been derived between the EAP
   peer and server, and before the peer would suffer adverse affects
   from joining an adversarial network.  "