Subject: [Fax] Internet Fax Working Group - Request for IESG Consideration

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:17:05 -0500

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following documents, with the specified status. 

DOCUMENT:

Content feature schema for Internet fax

draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-V2-01.txt  

Status: Proposed Standard

Technical Summary:

This document is a revision to RFC 2531 and updates the definition of the
content feature schema for Internet fax.   Upon approval, it will obsolete
RFC 2531.    The document is being proposed for recycling at the Proposed
Standard level, because technical changes have been made to one key schema
tag having to do with image structures.   It is felt that the updated
definition provides more
clarity on distinctions between the possible TIFF image structures.   Other
small editorial revisions have also been made, but the content on a whole
is not changed much from RFC 2531.   

The draft has completed an Internet Fax working group Last Call and only
small editorial changes were needed during this period.        

DOCUMENT:

Internet fax T.30 Feature Mapping

draft-ietf-fax-feature-t30-mapping-03.txt 

Status: Informational

Technical Summary:

The T.30 Mapping document is a companion document for the fax feature
schema.   It takes the fax feature content tags which are defined in RFC
2531 (and the proposed replacement for this document) and explains how
these can be mapped to the way that features are represented in the T.30
Group 3 fax protocol that is used for phone line based communications.
Thus, this document will help implementors to be able to represent a common
feature set for use in either  Group 3 fax or extended Internet fax
communications.   

This document has been under development for over a year and has undergone
extensive review in both the WG and in the ITU Study Group 8.   It has
completed a WG Last call and only minor editorial revisions were made
during this time.   

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax WG

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Fax to email:  +1-603-925-5753  (Current Preferred Fax Number)
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
Alternate email : [email-masked],
 [email-masked] (chg from csi.com)

HC Web Site:  http://humancomm.com 
*---------------------------------------------------