Subject: Appointment of new Internet Fax Co-Chairs

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:42:14 -0500

Folks,  

I am pleased to announce that ADs have agreed to a new co-chair team to
manage the 
Internet Fax efforts going forward.     

The co-chairs will be:  

Hiroshi Tamura and Claudio Allocchio

Tamura-san is very well known in the fax standards community and has been
an important contributor
to the work of the IETF and the ITU in recent years.    

Claudio has been active in the IETF and the email community for many years
and been a contributor to drafts for the 
Internet Fax WG from our earliest days.    He is also the author of RFC
2303-2304, as well as the 
recently approved Full Addressing specification.    

We are fortunate to have a team with this kind of extensive experience to
guide new Internet Fax work going forward.
Please join me in welcoming Claudio and Tamura-san in their new roles.     

I will continue to be available to help in the transition of WG management
to the new team, but my 
current job responsibilities have less involvement with Internet fax via
email.  Going forward, the best contact email address for me will be
<[email-masked]>.    

We are still working out with the ADs whether the resulting work will be
done as a re-charter to the existing WG or
as an Internet Fax Extensions WG.   In either course, the basis for the
work will be the draft charter which was recently circulated to this list.
   We also expect to continue the excellent pattern of cooperation with the
ITU fax experts going forward.    

Best Regards,  

James Rafferty
(outgoing) Chair, Internet Fax WG

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:15:55 +0100

> Please join me in welcoming Claudio and Tamura-san in their new roles.     

Thank you James !

I hope Tamura-san and myself can continue the very good job you and Dave 
did in this complex flield which involves different communities sharing 
the common interest of global messaging service!

In order to do this we will need the WG support, but I'm sure that we 
will have the same very collabortive spirit around, and we will make it!

> ITU fax experts going forward.    

So do we !

Regards to everybody!

Claudio Allocchio

PS: as some of you already did, please send us the requests for time 
slots in the Adelaide meeting, and any other suggestion/hint you may have.

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:50:15 +0900 (JST)

Rafferty-san,

Thank you for your notification and clarfication.

I hope Allocchio-san and I can continue the jobs related
to this group, with the support of many people here.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
Mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +81-46-228-1743  Fax: +81-46-228-7500 (SUB/F-code 5727)