Subject: RE: [IETF-FAX] draft meeting minutes at Adelaide

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:27:05 -0700

All,
Please allow me to first congratulate the co-chairs on the fine job they
have done in conducting the meeting and generating the draft minutes.

I have one comment on the draft meeting minutes extract below:

---snip---

> 2) Internet drafts waiting for Draft Standard.
> 
> - draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-04.txt
> 
> The chair introduced the interworking report was circulated
> and there are no problems. ADs will review it. Related to
> this document, the status of draft-ietf-fax-tiff-regbis-00.txt
> (Updated RFC2302)was introduced.
> 
The AD indicated, during the meeting, that he was not aware that
draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-04.txt was submitted and is in queue for IESG Draft
Standard consideration. He had agreed to confirm and provide status with
respect to this draft. Would it be appropriate that the minutes include a
reference to the AD's confirmation of Draft Standard status? 
---snip---

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:07:07 -0700

At 10.27 -0700 00-04-27, McIntyre, Lloyd wrote:
>Standard consideration.

I was not the AD being at the meeting, but I can let you know that it 
is NOT part of the work items for the IESG.

If the wg want it to be, you have to request an IETF wide last call 
from the ADs Ned and myself.

What I saw in the minutes was that the AD which was present at the 
meeting (not me) agreed on reading the document, which is a different 
thing than being a work item for the IESG.

Sorry for being picky, but I want to make it clear that the document 
is still in the hands of the WG.

    Patrik
    Area Director, Applications Area, IETF

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:55:48 -0800 (PST)

> thing than being a work item for the IESG.

That's exactly what happened: I agreed to review the document and provide
feedback. The authors/WG have several options after that, as Patrik says.

(I hope to have it done over the weekend, along with a bunch of others.)

				Ned