Subject: [IETF-FAX] Summary at Adelaide meeting

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:02:25 +0900 (JST)

IETF FAX-Ext Group meeting was held on Thursday.

New co-chairs introduced themselves.

This is the first meeting since new-charter was created.
New charter was discussed. The group confirmed to continue
the study of the specification that is equivalent to T.30 service.
Onramp/Offramp gateway issue were not discussed so far, so,
there are things to do for this issue.
Other matters related to the charter was discussed.

The status of internet drafts wating for Draft Standard was
introduced. Concerning draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-04.txt,
there are no problems and ADs will review it. Concerning
draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-01.txt, draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-00.txt
and draft-ietf-fax-minaddr-v2-00.txt, there are dependancy
problems and enough interworking report are not ready.

We had reviews for the following 4 drafts.
 draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-00.txt
 draft-ietf-fax-timely-delivery-00.txt
 draft-ietf-fax-content-negotiation-01.txt
 draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-01.txt
The three of them are related to full-mode, which the group
are considering to be close to T.30 service as much as possible.
There are some issues to be solved for the mechanism.
Concerning the guide draft, this is mainly meant for RFC2305 and
RFC2352 implementers. There are open issues for MDN disposition-type
and Tiff attachement/body content.

Tiff-fx extensions were introduced. The extensions are MRC N-layer,
JBIG2, annotation, and so on.

Concerning Fax Gateway issue, new proposal with the use of HTTP
and CGI was introduced. The group confirmed the discussion should
take place in both Fax group and Enum group.

There was no time to introduce ITU related matter. One co-chair
promised to circulate this issue in ML.

The meeting finised.

--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
Mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +81-46-228-1743  Fax: +81-46-228-7500 (SUB/F-code 5727)